Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for G2+ Users....

minnixb

Curious if any G2+ users out there have found any gold coins?
If so, what VDI numbers came up?

No gold coins for me either but a super tiny gold ring at 48. I don't have any gold coins to test.

I could tell you some sovereign numbers but that's probably not going to help...

someone will know US gold coin numbers surely ??

AJ

My machine is a Gold Bug pro DP and I found a dime size gold pin and it was a 55 so then tried a 1/4 bar of gold and it rang up as an 82 and I was surprised but apparently large gold is going to give a different reading. I'm digging anything in the 80 s anyway.

First coin I found with my G2+ was an 1855 California Gold Half Dollar. Old fairground site I've hunted for
five years with an eTrac and F75LTD. Lots of iron around it, about six inches down. Using 11 DD coil.

The half dollar is smaller than a three-cent silver (trime). G2+ hit it hard. I didn't know what it was when I
dug it but my detecting buddy knew right away and starting yelling that I found a gold coin. I thought the one dollar
was the smallest, which it is for US minted. The VDI was 45-47. It registers a 19-21 VDI on the F75LTD.
Love my G2+.

You should love it!----That was a GREAT find, congrats.:thumbup:
jak135 said:
First coin I found with my G2+ was an 1855 California Gold Half Dollar. Old fairground site I've hunted for
five years with an eTrac and F75LTD. Lots of iron around it, about six inches down. Using 11 DD coil.

The half dollar is smaller than a three-cent silver (trime). G2+ hit it hard. I didn't know what it was when I
dug it but my detecting buddy knew right away and starting yelling that I found a gold coin. I thought the one dollar
was the smallest, which it is for US minted. The VDI was 45-47. It registers a 19-21 VDI on the F75LTD.
Love my G2+.

Minas man said:
My machine is a Gold Bug pro DP and I found a dime size gold pin and it was a 55 so then tried a 1/4 bar of gold and it rang up as an 82 and I was surprised but apparently large gold is going to give a different reading. I'm digging anything in the 80 s anyway.

I have a G2+ and have not found a gold coin but have had a similar experience to Minas man concerning small and large gold. Small items seem to hit pretty solid 52 to 55 but a very large solid college ring came in at 82 so I'm all over the place VDI numbers wise. They did produce very nice solid and consistent tones however.

Speedlunker said:
Minas man said:

I have a G2+ and have not found a gold coin but have had a similar experience to Minas man concerning small and large gold. Small items seem to hit pretty solid 52 to 55 but a very large solid college ring came in at 82 so I'm all over the place VDI numbers wise. They did produce very nice solid and consistent tones however.

Just this weekend dug a flattened beer can at 4 inchs downand it gave a solid 82 which makes sense as small foil is ringing in the 50's.

Minas man

I ran into a old digger that lives across the street from a farm I'm hunting for civil war relics. He showed me some of his best small finds from over the years. One was a 2 1/2 dollar gold coin. I asked if I could run it under my coil. He said yes. It registered @ 72-75. Most relic hunters would definitely dig that signal. I would for sure. This is his box of goodies. Oh by the way he asked what machines I was using. I told him the teknetics G2 with the 15" Nel attack coil. He said that I was digging in a spot that he never found anything in. I found multiple buttons & bullets around that area. He uses whites detectors lol. The picture is the box of goodies he showed me. I you look the gold coin is in the upper corner. HH