Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question for Golden users

I bought a used Golden and am trying to learn it. I can't seem to get a smooth threshold sound from it. It wants to warble all the time. The lower the threshold the faster it warbles, almost a staccato sound. If I turn it up it doesn't warble as much but then it seems too loud. Is this normal? It's a bit annoying.

Cranked all the way. Is there a lot of elect. interfearance around you. If so just back the Sen. off some. Also swap out coils and see if it is still doing it. HH :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

My golden's threshold might as well be glued in the pegged out position. I rarely move it. It will calm the machine down a little bit in a high interference situation, but I like the way solid targets sound off with the threshold cranked!

Sensitivity is a different matter, I play with it quite a bit, more trash = less sensitivity. You'd be surprised how often I am down in the 3-5 sensitivity range. Of course when I get my hands on a 5.75 coil, I hope to be able to up the sensitivity again. (Again... since I managed to disappear my 4" hockey puck)

Jarrett

Sensitivity is around 3. No electrical interference. I don't have another coil to try. I thought maybe it was the phones since it seems to sound erratic in discriminate so swapped them out with no effect. Maybe I should send it in and have it checked out?

Mike, maybe you should try that GB test Dahut posted...

If there is a significant change, positive or negative, maybe you would be willing to try the preset GB adjustment that Skiwhiz has posted?

LoL Lost hockey puck!
It's always the little ones that cause problems!:biggrin:

HH
rmptr

Problem solved! Thanks for the advice guys. Tinfoil, you were right about the elec. interference. I fogot about the buried powerline from my house to my garage. Duh!! I went to a nearby park and everything worked just fine. Thanks again!

Glad it turned out to be something simple. BTW, I'm sure most have experienced this, but high voltage electric fences will drive a detector nuts. I've had several times that it was almost impossible to hunt near farmhouses that had electric fence controllers in the barn. The pulsing is maddening...lol.

Hey! Good deal!

...underground electrical!

LoL Hot fences and MD'ing...
I got a beer drinkin' friend that learned why he shouldn't step over to the side and water the fence line! Dummy.:biggrin:

rmptr