Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for John-Edmonton

FrankG

John,

I notice from your post you seem to use, both an ACE 250 and a GTP 1350.

As a current VERY happy ACE 250 user with both stock & sniper coils I'd like to ask a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind. Please excuse my ignorance.

The situation... I've been considering getting the large coil for my 250 but I've also toyed with the thoughts of just purchasing a GTP 1350 but probably not both. I'm trying to understand some practical trade-offs.

1. If you have the 1350, why do you sometimes prefer to use the 250? I guess I assumed that the 1350 generally a better detecting machine, why not always use it?

2. Are you using the large coil on the 250 for better depth or larger coverage area? My consideration for a larger coil is purely wider coverage per sweep when searching.

3. I'm thinking I'd probably really like the sizing feature of the 1350 and I "assume" the ground balance is much better than the 250 which, I also "assume", would allow me to run at a higher sensitivity with less falsing for improved performance?

I'd appreciate feedback on this from John or anyone else that can compare the 1350 and 250 from actual experience.

Thanks

1. If you have the 1350, why do you sometimes prefer to use the 250? I guess I assumed that the 1350 generally a better detecting machine, why not always use it?

Frank, it depends where and what I am hunting for. The ACE 250 is very sensitive to coins, and I love the pinpointing on it, using the inner front toe. The ACE 250 works best for coins in the upper 2-3 inches. Most of the sports fields I hunt are newer, and there are very few deep coins there. Also, I tend to dig a lot of coins, especially pennies, and the ACE 250 is very light.

2. Are you using the large coil on the 250 for better depth or larger coverage area? My consideration for a larger coil is purely wider coverage per sweep when searching.

I am using the large coil pretty well for more coverage. It pin points just as easy as the stock coil.

3. I'm thinking I'd probably really like the sizing feature of the 1350 and I "assume" the ground balance is much better than the 250 which, I also "assume", would allow me to run at a higher sensitivity with less falsing for improved performance?

The GTP 1350 works much better for deeper coins. It's a lot easier pinpointing the deeper coins with this machine, then the ACE 250. Also, I like using the profiling for the targets in the 5-6 inch range, as it saves me from digging a lot of junk. And yes you can run it with a higher sensitivity. The new coil on the 1500 allows one to run the sensitivity higher too.

So shallow hunting = ACE 250
Deeper Hunting = GTP 1350/GTI 1500
Relic Hunting = Both GTP 1350 + ACE 250 Sniper Coil to get into tight areas and close to metal.
Each machine has it's strengths, and I try to utilize these. It works good for me. Hope this helps Frank. :)
<center>

Thank you John, I think what you describerd is pretty much what I expected to hear but it was reinforcing to hear it from you.

I think in the short term, a large coil will get me the most out of the 250 and maybe 1350 will show up on eBay at a bargain price.