Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question for lesche digger users

garrettlover

I got two lesche diggers today and they don't seem too sharp. do you guys sharpen yours and if so where at on the blade do you sharpen. thanks

You definately don't have to sharpen them right out of the box. But I did eventually use my Dremel to (try) and sharpen it a bit on the serrated side to help get through roots easier. It worked good, but for as much as I hunt it only lasted a few days.

I have a file handy all the time to keep my blade real sharp. I file it on both sides. I also cut teeth on the other side because I cut right to left.
DSCF4619.jpg

Hey....me miss you over here. You had better be good to the wifey, complete her honey-do list on time and ask for an "AT Pro" soon :thumbup:

I have the Predator Tools Model 85 and it was sharp right out of the box. For keeping it sharp I use the Gatco or Lansky Sharpening System.
They work great and will sharpen knives your digger scissors you name it.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R9Fd44vviY[/video]

I keep a 12" file with me at all times to touch up and keep them sharp.You can use a small file to sharpen the corners of the teeth so you can saw right through roots up to an inch or so thick.

I did quite well hunting the gravel driveway areas. I used one of those Estwing rock hammers. It pops the gravel out quick. I misplaced it in my garage and haven't been gravel hunting for about 3 years. I'm going to look some more for it because not many will dig the gravel too long with one of those Chinese diggers from the big "K" mart. It's a great feeling to pop a hole through a zinc with it!