Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question for Monte and others

Hey MONTE, did you see my latest post aft the bottom of the ground tracking post here at http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2168157

Anyway, does anyone recommend their tips/tricks for helping to silent the machine from falsing when hitting last year soybean old dried up hardened stalks about 12 inches high? Turn down the sensitivity maybe?

Thank you,
Bubba

Jolts to coil. Most detectors will sound off, some worse than others. Tip: Make sure your coil cable; especially towards the bottom is secure to the rod-reduces cable movement/vibration.

The way I see it you have three choices.
1. Wait till the farmer plows and then does the final fitting before planting.
2. Swing a weed wacker in the left hand and metal detector in the right.
3. Get you a boy that walks in front of ya to knock it down for you.
LOL IMHO

I like your ideas Patrick. I personally want to burn em ALL off, but it's not my property. Lol

Squirrel, great point. Mine is very loose at the bottom 6 inches from lower rod towards the coil itself. Never "tightening" the cable to the lower rod that much more