Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question For Monte

bustercrab

I use the original Bandido and the original Sovereign which can be hip mounted,but my XL Pro is begining to be to heavy to use,broken hand that never healed properly..100% of my detecting is on land in upstate New York that date's from the early 1600"s and later..Coin's and relic's are what I hunt for and I am looking for a Tesoro,weight factor,that would be equal to the XL Pro.....

I am not Monte (he is a pro) but I feel that the Vaquero or the Tejon will do you well. I am also in northern New York (St. Lawrence County). Steve.

Just noticed that there are a couple nice Tesoro's up for sale on the classified section of the forum one is a Vaquero and one is a Tejon. Any Tesoro is a good detector.

bustercrab said:
I use the original Bandido and the original Sovereign which can be hip mounted,but my XL Pro is begining to be to heavy to use,broken hand that never healed properly..100% of my detecting is on land in upstate New York that date's from the early 1600"s and later..Coin's and relic's are what I hunt for and I am looking for a Tesoro,weight factor,that would be equal to the XL Pro.....
[size=large]... I only have about 3 minutes as I am out the door for a day of detecting and grouse hunting.

First, I wish I had your XL Pro then you wouldn't have to deal with the weight/balance issue. :)

If you're using the stock 950, that could be part of the issue with fatigue. Personally, I'd equip it, like an XLT, with either a thin-profile 8" or a 6

you got a loooong wait!..they don't want to compete!

(h.h!)
j.t.

jmaryt said:

(h.h!)
j.t.
I have been thinking alot lately myself about Tesoro comming out with a new model or two. And what keeps going through my head is that Tesoro doesn't need to compete. Sure it would be great to have a new Tesoro in their lineup but what they currently offer is just fine. Tesoro doesn't need a detector that costs $1,500 with a usb port,pusbutton this pushbutton that. What Tesoro has to offer us is a detector that is light weight/simple to use/quality built/best discrimination circuit in the world/lifetime warranty/more than fair price/great support/ & just plain works, I could go on but you all get the point. So it is my thinking that the other companys are competing with Tesoro. I will keep my beep & dig Tesoro's over them over priced heavier menu driven competitor brands anyday. Steve.

Well, I see your point, and have to agree that Tesoro is the one to beat in the beep and dig area, but I'd like to see a well-engineered, relatively light, HOT technology TID Machine in the 6 - $800 MSRP range. Anyway, I'm digging lots of stuff both junk and goodies with what I have currently, so guess I shouldn't be too concerned with what is or isn't coming out of Arizona in the near future.
HH
BB

SkiWhiz said:
jmaryt said:

(h.h!)
j.t.
I have been thinking alot lately myself about Tesoro comming out with a new model or two. And what keeps going through my head is that Tesoro doesn't need to compete. Sure it would be great to have a new Tesoro in their lineup but what they currently offer is just fine. Tesoro doesn't need a detector that costs $1,500 with a usb port,pusbutton this pushbutton that. What Tesoro has to offer us is a detector that is light weight/simple to use/quality built/best discrimination circuit in the world/lifetime warranty/more than fair price/great support/ & just plain works, I could go on but you all get the point. So it is my thinking that the other companys are competing with Tesoro. I will keep my beep & dig Tesoro's over them over priced heavier menu driven competitor brands anyday. Steve.

Sorry, I hit the wrong button at first. Anyway, everytime I think of a reason to sell my Vaquero I come up with 10 reasons why not too.

you nailed it steve!....

(h.h!)
j.t.

I am not trying to start anything and am not in opposition for Tesoro to come out with a new model or two. I am just simply stating that I personally am very happy/satisfied with what Tesoro has to offer us at this time. Shucks just today I got a older model (but new to me) Silver Sabre uMax, even though I only got 10 minutes of use with it before it got dark I really liked it. Not only did it work well it was also "fun" to use. And this my friends is an older moder for sure. Each time I get a chance to go out detecting I am thankful that I live in a free country/am healthy/have a wonderful wife that enjoys the hobby as much as I do/and that Tesoro has detectors that just seem to fit me. Thanks! Steve.

[size=large]He asked about a light-weight model that would provide performance like his XL Pro. Well, frankly, even White's doesn't offer anything that works like their XL pro they discontinued, but I took it to mean he was interested in something that would provide the visual Target ID of the XL Pro.

Tesoro markets two TID models, and neither of them provide any user adjustment or auto-tracking to tailor the Ground Balance for the the Discriminate mode operation. In very nice and proper ground environments, they might work fairly well. In areas like where I live, they stink. Tesoro needs to offer the consumer a better TID model with a larger TID read-out and be more competitive in that segment of the market.

Let's face it, when we talk about the Tesoro performance and design we love, and I said WE to include me, I like the quick response, slow-motion, lightweight design that works so well in trash-infested sites. They are just 'handy' for so many applications. But for the most part, we're all praising the performance of the non-display Tesoro's and Garrett only offers their Scorpion Gold Stinger as a non-TID land unit, and White's has their Goldmaster offering. Only Bounty Hunter seems to offer more than one non-display model, and we all know they are not competition for Tesoro PERFORMANCE.

So, to grab a large share of the hobby market, Tesoro NEEDS a decent Target ID model, and many of us WANT a better Tesoro TID offering.

Now, as for so many of us and the types of sites we hunt, Target ID is not a 'need' and we just want a handy, light, friendly detector that has quick response and fast recovery, reasonably good depth, and good pinpointing. Tesoro offers that. Anyone using my Bandido II

Monte said:
[size=large]He asked about a light-weight model that would provide performance like his XL Pro. Well, frankly, even White's doesn't offer anything that works like their XL pro they discontinued, but I took it to mean he was interested in something that would provide the visual Target ID of the XL Pro.

Tesoro markets two TID models, and neither of them provide any user adjustment or auto-tracking to tailor the Ground Balance for the the Discriminate mode operation. In very nice and proper ground environments, they might work fairly well. In areas like where I live, they stink. Tesoro needs to offer the consumer a better TID model with a larger TID read-out and be more competitive in that segment of the market.

Let's face it, when we talk about the Tesoro performance and design we love, and I said WE to include me, I like the quick response, slow-motion, lightweight design that works so well in trash-infested sites. They are just 'handy' for so many applications. But for the most part, we're all praising the performance of the non-display Tesoro's and Garrett only offers their Scorpion Gold Stinger as a non-TID land unit, and White's has their Goldmaster offering. Only Bounty Hunter seems to offer more than one non-display model, and we all know they are not competition for Tesoro PERFORMANCE.

So, to grab a large share of the hobby market, Tesoro NEEDS a decent Target ID model, and many of us WANT a better Tesoro TID offering.

Now, as for so many of us and the types of sites we hunt, Target ID is not a 'need' and we just want a handy, light, friendly detector that has quick response and fast recovery, reasonably good depth, and good pinpointing. Tesoro offers that. Anyone using my Bandido II