Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for " Old California".................

Ivan

Saw your recent post ......................Mohave gets gold.....................in the photo you show a Whites TDI PRO II ..................................how long ago did they make that detector? I have a friend who is a major Tesoro/Whites fan and he says he can't remember a TDI PRO II ??

I noticed the same, but wrote it off as being a custom made decal?

Hello Ivan,

Daddy is right, it's a custom decal I added after adding the inline probe.

Has all of Reg's mods, and a recent inline probe connector I added with toggle switch between both coil connectors. Was experimenting with different probes, found by adding a TDI connector to the uniprobe probe with some modifications it works great with the TDI. Other probes work as well, Reg passed one to me and I have one off of another one of Eric Fosters Pi's.

The probe that surprised me, Was the thin lightweight uniprobe probe it is very sensitive even with TDI pulse delay at 10us. Reg has mentioned the TDI may not be a true 10us, close though and I feel the same because my GoldQuest SS operates at 10us and it is slightly more sensitive than the TDI. Regardless, TDI is still very sensitive maybe somewhere between 12 and 13us.

Sorry for the confusion, throught it would be neat and if White's was to come out with another TDI model it would be great with one similar to this Pro II set up.

Take care Ivan, Hope the remaining year fills your pouch with West Coast gold.

Paul

Old California said:
Sorry for the confusion, throught it would be neat and if White's was to come out with another TDI model it would be great with one similar to this Pro II set up.

When I designed the TDI-SL I included a a small SIP header at the front of the PCB for a small plug-in board to support an in-line probe. The idea was that an extra hole would get punched into the box for a connector but plugged by default. The customer could then buy a probe kit with the plug-in board, connector, and probe. The hand-over switch was built into the probe itself. The plug-in board had the circuitry needed to steer all the TX & RX over to the probe. I made a prototype and it worked great. There was no interest in it so that's as far as it went.

How did you add the red/yellow/green lights?? How does the color coded target id system work??? Most interesting!!!!

Thanks Carl for sharing your TDI -SL prototype probe setup, ingenuous setup that would have been a nice simplified kit most users could easily add the probe setup themselves.

Plus, I like your ideal of the plug-in board having the circuitry needed to steer all the TX & RX over to the probe, that eliminates the Toggle switch shifting the TX & RX over to the probe and instead your small circuit board does this.

Even though your probe kit didn't go further with White's, you planted a seed with White's and who knows maybe in the future the probe kit may materialize with future Pi's or VLF of White's or even with Fisher (hint * hint)

Thanks again Carl,
Paul

Hello Ivan,

Those three colored lights are standard with the TDI, not for target ID but for charging purposes.

A local friend purchased a new TDI a few year's ago, old stock from a local dealer. His TDI charge lights are opposite, manufacturer error but otherwise still work's like it should.

HH, Paul

The 3 coloured lights as mentioned by Paul are mainly to give the user some visual indication of the condition of the battery life,the latest ones mine is a 2015 model TDI Pro and only has a single red and also possibly the last one shipped over here to the UK from across the pond before the restrictions of battery movement kicked in,of course we can only buy the 'sl' version here.

A very good machine,and what makes it more appealing to me was the fact that not only can i use all the Whites TDI made coils but also after market ones specially made for this machine,but the trump card is the abilty to use all the GPX/GP Mono coils on the TDI Pro and also the 'sl' version as well.My favourite coil is the Coiltek 14x9 Mono that was designed for the GPX range,for the size its as light as a feather due to the coil being foam filled but of course would be total rubbish in the surf as it wants to float all the time,but that is the only down side with that coil.