Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for outlaw owners. please

thump7

I have been interested in the Outlaw since it came out. I have owned a few tesoro's including the silver and the vaquero. I sold the silver because I envyed the vaquero for it's 14khz, the threshold-based All-metal and it's reputation as a no nonsense deep seeking machine. The main reason I let the silver go is because I found that mine really struggled to detect fine gold. It could have been just my machine, I never did get it checked out.
The Vaquero lived up to everything I expected from it and then some. However, as I learned the machine more, I really missed the silver umax. The silver and vaquero both have a modulated audio, but the silver more so than the vaquero, with the silver I could easily hear subtleties in the audio for different targets, I could not do this with the vaquero.
I love everything about the outlaw. It has the audio of the silver but the rest of the machine is similar to the vaquero.
Now for my question. Can the Outlaw detect a small woman's ring with the disc set on or even slightly above foil? The reason I ask is because the outlaw runs 10.6khz which is the same as the silver, and this is where I normally have the disc set so I can avoid all those foil balls but still find small gold with the vaquero.
Any help would be appreciated.

My daughters small gold ring comes in just fine smack dab in between foil and 5cent marks. Like 53Silver stated in his video, the outlaw has a bit wider disc even being able to disc a dime and still hit a quarter. He used a different term that I can't think of but you get the idea. It's even better at ignoring foil and still hitting the gold. The learning curve has been tough for me, but this may just be because it's my first Tesoro. With headphones, you can really hear the difference in the roundness of the tone from coin to trash. It loves aluminum but so does my Idx. The all metal is SUPER deep too!! Oh ya, check out 53Silver and Gunnarmn on here and youtube......they'v done some great videos for us. Gunnar has one about the outlaw on gold you'll find very informative...
Fred

I owned the silver and a compadre, and the outlaw out performs them wonderfully at discing foil and still hitting gold rings , even white gold what i find is the thicker the aluminum the more it will sound off , like a cut a nickle size round out of the side of a pop can and the same out of the bottom of the pop can and the bottom circle was thicker and set off the detector but not the thin one but most of the nusance foil it will just ignor and still hit gold

Thanks, Happy to hear that.
Sounds pretty impressive. I don't have internet, just Android phone here, so I haven't been able to watch any of the videos yet. They play really slow.

I just got my outlaw today and it hits a small 10k ring at 7+ inches in my test garden great. Actually I couldn't disc it all the way out... weird. Probably has to do with the horrible emi from the transformer 30 ft away. But it hit the ring just as good as my vaquero did. I also could hit it with the cleansweep coil. Everyone says the cleansweep coil isn't that deep but it surprised me. Today was the first time using the cleansweep coil and I was digging Beaver tail pulltabs at a measured 8 inches with a good repeatable tone. The outlaw and the cleansweep coil is going to be a great combination.

You are the first person i have heard of trying this coil on the outlaw.That is great it works that good!.I think this is what tesoro had visions of.To have a umax detector so we could really get some great performance out of these 5 pin coils.

The reason you couldn't disc it out all the way was because being only 10K the other metals in the ring are probably copper. I have found this with my outlaw on several 10K rings. It's a good thing though....Yahoo!!

I believe in this detector.On my first hunt with this detector.I took it into the woods across from a old site.I found a very small nice antique silver ring,with hand crafted marks.The Outlaw is going to prove itself to a lot of users here soon. :O