Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for the Anfibio owners.......

bugg

What do you like the best about your machine.? Features, performance, Etc.

The reason I ask is I am thinking about upgrading . I purchased a Simplex, and it is a performer. But I could use a few more settings and options.
I am definitely sold on Nokta / Makro . Thanks in advance.

By the looks of things, the Anfibio doesn’t seem to have much over the Simplex but that’s just my opinion having never handled the simplex.
I like the options on the Anfibio and don’t regret buying it.
The 2 tone, threshold based Gen mode is very nice, also being able to change the tones in All-metal to make it a single tone mode instead of the iron disc/ 2tone is nice.
I like being able to turn down isat for a little less filter and more depth in all the discriminate modes.
That super fast recovery mode in 3tone has made some trashy areas that I usually just avoid, into signal that can be separated and discriminated.
I almost always use 2 or 4 tone though. Here in Canada, using the concentric 9” coil (which I really like and was the selling point when I bought the machine... I detest DD coils because I really like nice, clean iron disc and my experience says on a VLF one must use concentric) coupled with the bobbing coil technique, I can quite effortlessly cherry pick clad coins on the days I feel a little down and need to console myself through selfish gain, lol.
I really do like turning the sensitivity down in 2tone to about 40 or 50 and just let the machine do the talking for me... it does a really neat thing when set up this way; first, 2 tone is a nuanced audio mode. By that I mean that I can hear the nice, hard, sharp, crisp and clean beep of gold, thick foil, or other targets that usually fall into the good dig range, couple that with the target ID and it makes for just one more trick to pull out for when deciding to dig or not. In parks I can bet a very selective digger... the reason for turning the sensitivity down is firstly that this machine is already deep so I don’t need that extra chatter when park hunting, 2) more nuance as I can hear how deep the target is. With the sens higher than 50, the modulated audio starts to disappear more and more, the higher it is set.
Nokta built a robust machine with the Anfibio, how they kept it so light (heavy to some I’m sure) I don’t know.
I’m gonna get a little off topic here but seeing I’m already writing somewhat of a review, I might as well add the rest.
I am disappointed with the headphones. The wireless ones to me seem to lack the crisp audio of others I’ve used and the waterproof Nokta phones are quieter than I’d like even with the machine volume turned up... I may need to try out the adapter and go wired sometime.
I’m glad I bought this unit, it has given me many hours of fun.

bugg said:
What do you like the best about your machine.? Features, performance, Etc.
Several things I found 'likable' right out of the box, such as the configuration, the comfortable grip, they feature layout and adjustability, and for sure, the round 11" DD coil. Now, realize that statement just came from a guy who is wrapping up his 55th year in this great sport and started using a smaller-size coil the summer of '68, and has preferred coils in the 5" to 7" size since late '71 and early '72.

That's 48+ years of not usually using a 'standard coil' back when 8" search coils came stock. In my Detector Outfit I keep 5" DD, 6" Concentric, 6½" Concentric and 7" Concentric coils on most of my units so they are ready-to-grab where I mainly hunt. I do have 2 with a 5X9½ DD and 1 with a round 9" DD and now the Simplex + w/11" DD. I've never been very interested in the 7X11 size but have used that at times for some open area searches. But once I grabbed the Anfibio Multi w/11" DD and worked it in my test area, I was impressed. The same goes for the Simplex +. I like that size coil for most of the bigger-size parks for a little added detection depth when they are not too trashy and targets are well spaced.

So far as 'features' are concerned, I really like the build quality of all the Nokta / Makro products I own and use, and I'll add that I also like the search coil selection for most of the models as well. This is one decision every owner has to make on their own because some people just prefer different coil sizes or coil types. My favorite coils are the ones I enjoy most for me and the types of sites I generally hunt with different makes and models. The Impact, Multi-Kruzer and Anfibio Multi offer the consumer a lot of search mode options and adjustable settings. That doesn't mean we have to use them all, but it allows me to pick-and-choose what I want to best tackle the sites I work with dense brush, high mineralization, and an abundant supply of nails and all sorts of rusty ferrous debris to contend with.

Search coils I prefer are part of the 'features' of any metal detector model, and for me my favorites for the Anfibio Multi include 3 coils. An 11" DD on-hand for the periodic times I want to use it in wide-open / sparse-target sites, the round 7" Concentric which is a main-use coil size I keep on a couple of models, and the smaller 5" DD that is almost a mush-have for the really dense iron trash areas. The round 7" Concentric was the favorite coil pick to keep mounted because I have the smaller 'OOR' DD on my FORS CoRe and 5" DD on one of my FORS Relic devices ready-to-grab. Also in the way of 'features' I like to use the 2-Tone and 3-Tone and Deep Discriminate modes most often as well as the Gen. All Metal mode for select sites.

'Performance' with the Anfibio Multi impressed me due to the nice depth, quick response-and-recovery in trashier conditions, and the beautiful audio quality that has a very good language of its own. With the 5" DD it comes close to the performance of my FORS CoRe w/'OOR' DD and just about matches what I get out of my FORS Relic or Racer 2. I have a comparable 5" DD for a Tek. T2+ and Fisher F44 that work okay for typical urban Coin Hunting sites, but the similar size coils on a CoRe, Relic, Racer 2, Impact, Kruzer or Anfibio devices easily out-performs them in any site with a lot of closely-spaced nails, cut wire, and other iron litter. The reason isn't the coil size in those conditions, but the detector's circuitry design and behavior.

bugg said:
The reason I ask is I am thinking about upgrading . I purchased a Simplex, and it is a performer. But I could use a few more settings and options.
I am definitely sold on Nokta / Makro . Thanks in advance.
I've been sold on the Nokta and Makro branded detectors for five years now. The new Simplex + is, as you stated, a performer and quite impressive with the number of adjustment functions it has and performance in both the 2-tone and 3-Tone Disc. mods. What many don't appreciate in many comparison videos I've watched is that the Simplex + is exactly what Dilek has described .... an "Entry Level" detector that sets standards against the comparatively-priced entry-level competition. It was not intended to match or out-perform their own upper-level models like the Racer 2, Impact, Kruzer or Anfibio. It is what it is, and it is really an excellent performing unit in its class.

All these other models will give you more options of adjustment and a different level of in-the-field performance. that I think you'll enjoy. I know I do, yet I still am impressed with the Simplex + what it offers.

Monte

I agree with a lot of what Monte and thump7 said. I don't have a Simplex, so I can't compare the two machines. I did purchase an Anfibio early this year, and have really enjoyed detecting with it. My biggest complaint is that I was not able to get out and use it very much. What is really satisfying to me though is being able to find older coins and targets that I was unable to detect with my previous detectors. The parks that I did hunt this year have been pounded to death by me and many others. My finds prove that---Let me expound.
In the limited time I had to hunt this year, I found 4 Indian Cents and 13 Wheat Cents. Not a single one of the Wheat Cents were dated in the 50's, which shows that all the less deep and easier to detect Wheaties had already been removed. I also found a V Nickel, Buffalo Nickel, 3 Barber Dimes, and 4 Mercury Dimes. I did not find any silver Roosevelt Dimes, which once again proves my point of all the shallow targets being gone. I was also able to recover many neat relics and trinkets, as well as a big sterling silver ring.
I hunted in 4 tone most of the time, but used the other modes on occasion. I do have the 7" concentric coil, and used it often, but not as much as the stock DD coil.
I'm hoping I have more time to hunt with it next year, as I'm confident I can make many good finds with the Anfibio. It is an impressive machine!

Thanks to thump7, Monte, and Digger. I ordered an Anfibio, and will keep the simplex as a back up and in the service van at all times. I really like the performance of the Simplex, and its only going to get better with the top of line unit. I like the optional settings , and coil choices of the Anfibio. Thanks Guys!