Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question for the CoRe users...

Is there a depth difference or pros/cons between di2 and di3? Beside the vco in 2 and the 3 times in the 3 of course. Depth or iron separation challenges/differences?

One excited hillbilly here,
Bubba

I really can't comment on that but for the ones that have questions about the machine. You Will find out there is a lot more left by the machines you are currently use than you can imagine. Not deep targets either.

Similar to the reports given by those that have tested the Racer...there is a difference in DI2 vs DI3 depth. DI2 does seem to have the edge over DI3 in depth. However...like Jack has mentioned...the CoRe shines in the separation department in heavy iron environments. The DI3 mode is much quieter and the added third tone is a very beneficial element in picking out the good targets.

IMO...from all I've read comparing the Racer with the CoRe...except for the obvious physical layout and different frequencies...they are very similar in performance.

Charles

Di3 is super quiet but it's not as deep as Di2. Iron separation is the same, still good at picking up tiny targets. I just came back from a hunt around my local lake. Old houses bulldozed their to build the lake, anyways I must have dug 20 lead split shot small ones. I used both Di2 and Di3 Di3 mode you must crank the sensitivity up to 85 to 90 to get close to Di2 depth. But if you think about it, where you want depth you only need two tones. where you need three tones is Iron infested sites. I get tired of looking down at the VDI numbers and just want to dig the high tones on a trashy site. I don't run a real high sensitivity in trashy areas it tends to make the bad sound good so I like it the way it is. Both Di2 and Di3 have their own uses for me, if you want to go deeper in Di3 just crank up the sensitivity to 99 and go. Cog mod is a different animal, the recovery speed is way slow I'm sure it's that way for a reason, and probably performs much better in the wet sand like it was designed for.

I can't prove, but from my use Of my coRe unit. It seems it's hotter on coins on edge than anything I've ever used. That small coil is a sizzler. It seems to peek in where others can't, and then the machine reports. Machine seems to not be shut down ever, like it's just waiting for the coil to strike.

I really like Di3 in trashy areas. I tried Di2 but didn't like the VCO audio. It didn't really give me enough info, and the tones weren't "solid" enough for me to stand out from the iron grunts. In open areas I would switch to Di2 and go for the depth.

You're mileage may vary, of course.

w