Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for UK Brian, on C scope cs4pi

Frank-S

After reading your post's on the cs4pi,maybe you can help me with my cs4pi.
I live in US Florida i have a cs4 with white coil,on the beach its a very good detector
but it has poor dept on non-ferrous coins, set at max setting, air test on US nickel
6'' not good for a 12'' coil.On your post you said something about changing a resister
to increase volume, it tells me that you know something about whats inside the control
box of cs4, I opened my cs4 about 6 months ago,it had no IC-555 timer can you tell me
where the timer is or what resister controls timing speed.
Frank.

Brian I made mistake on my post.my cs4 has a white 10'' coil
not a 12''.IT will detect a US nickel at 8'' not 6'' air test.

Frank,

I am pretty sure the CS4 is microprocessor controlled, so there is no timer used to set the timing features. That is done in software.

So, in simple terms, you can't easily change the delay or other features.

Reg

Thanks Reg.
I am not sure what is considered software.the CS4 only has 2 controls
One to turn it off,on and set Sen other a pot, to set speed or pitch of sound,.
it goes deepest at max setting sound Also a led light.
It will detect a nickel and gold ring at 8'' no small nuggets very good on iron.works
good over and in salt water.with more dept will make a good beach detector.its better
than the CS6.As is the CS4 is a good beginner detector.
Frank.
I am working on a DOD pi coil picture

You can infact use other Mono coils on the C-Scope,the original stock coil is hard wired but you have to of course then cut the coil cable and then use a normal style connector but you can either use other brand name Mono coil on the CS4pi or wind your own if you have the knowledge etc.

But you can add other coils,not seen one larger than a 12'' self wound coil,cannot say what the maximum size it will work with but i cannot see any reason why it cannot go larger.

Thanks, Mega I agree about using different coils.one with less inductions
will most likely go deeper and detect smaller gold.I think that Reg is right
about modifying software.my coil is still connected to control box.Do you
know what induction in mH is the deepest coil that you have tried.This
will make a good winter project.Thanks
Frank-S

Reg, The DOD coil in picture does work,it needs some modifying.its 15''x 15''
only detects a US nickel at 14'' small nugget about 2-1/2''.
At 10 us Gain 10
First RX coil 270 mh both RX coils 559 mh center TX coil 335 mh.
Using #24 awg plastic coated wire. Haven't decided what coil to modify.
Frank.

Frank,

You might try connecting the two receive coils in series such that they are not cancelling and see if it goes deeper. You also might build the TX coil larger and wider and see what that does.

Reg

Thanks Reg,
The RX coils are in series.there are 2 ways to do that,now one coil is wound clock wise other
coil is counter clock.I will have to unwind one coil and rewind it,there is no brake between coils
will give it a try. your pi goes to 8- us my pi only goes to 10. Is there a easy way to get my
pi down to 6 or 8 pulse delay.
Frank.

You don't have to rewind the second coil. Simply lift it up and flip it over so the bottom is the top and visa versa. In your case, you could take the bottom coil and flip it left to right, so what is the left side now would become the right side once done. Then if the phasing of the two coils in series is not correct, simply swap ends with the RX leads.

You could simply switch the wires on one of the windings also. Lets say both coils are wound separately and would clockwise. Then the beginning could be labeled A and the end labeled B. To connect two identical coils in series and in phase, you would connect A1 to RX, B1 to A2 and B2 to RX gnd.

Now, to wire the same two receive windings so they cancel, you would connect A1 to RX, B1 to B2, and A2 to RX gnd if both windings are separate.

Reg

Reg, my first DOD coil one RX is clock wise other coil counter clock. they are not separately wound.
I have re wounded the second RX coil both coils are clock wise now.,I tried the second DOD coil it works
not as good as the first, US nickel at 11'', first DOD coil was at 14''. Both coils are very noisy.testing on
form,no shield ,no damping resistor,no cap.Dual field coil do you know what size resistor and cap are used.
The DOD coil you tried was it noisy.
Frank.

Frank,

There will be no cap used. Actually, if the coil works fine no damping resistor is needed. You could use a single 1K across both receive windings if you wanted to, though.

Now, you don't have to rewind a coil. Simply lift one side up and flip it like a pancake so the bottom is on the top and the top is on the bottom. This will be the same as rewinding the coil the other way.

Now, one of the two setups should have been quiet. If the two receive windings are canceling each other, then the noise should be minimal.

Reg

Thanks Reg.
Both RX set ups make to much noise, its not use-able as is.
My TDI came with a 12'' coil pin 4-5- 2, what pin is for shield.
Frank

Thanks Reg.
My TDI Dual field 12'' coil,pin 4 and 5 are common, pin 2 and 4 common
pin 5 and 2 common, what is pin 2 used for i suspect that 2 was shield.
Frank.

Frank,

On your TDI, the pin layout of the connector is this:

Pin 1 receive shield
Pin 2 Receive signal
Pin 3 not used
Pin 4 is TX signal
Pin 5 is TX shield.

Thanks Reg.
My TDI, 12'' Dual field coil reads
PIN 1- not used
pin 2 -used
pin 3- not used
pin 4- used
pin 5 -used
Frank.

Reg. I agree pin 2 is tied to pin 4 in the coil.
I put a new battery in my induction meter, its in mh.
My 12'' new TDI 12'' dual field coil.Reads
pin 1 not used.
pin 3 not used
pin 2 and 4 reads .011.mh
pin 2 and 5 reads .368 mh
pin 4 and 5 reads .368 mh
pin 2 what good is it,its a short to pin 4 and 5.
This wont help me,maybe some one that prospects.
I have a small hot rock and cold rock about size US 25 cent coin.
The TDI 12'' coil don't detect cold rock but detects the hot rock about 4'' at max setting.
to detect small gold TDI needs to be set at max setting.
Is there a way to not detect hot rock with-out losing dept on small gold
Frank.