Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for you F70 users!

lrsjr

Say you have your F70 turned up for max depth and EMI sets in. Which do you turn down first, threshold or sensitivity? In other words, which is more important for good depth to pull out those deep coins?

Probably thresh...just try going a little negative with it and leave the sens alone...if you go at least -2 and you still get chatter, drop sens along with it, like around 60 to 70 or try hitting the HZ button...it should run really quiet and stable until you run that coil over the top of something...somebody else will pipe up with their format, which will be probably alot better than my advice...i just happen to be on line at the moment and didn't want to leave you hanging!
Mud

i would set the threshold at-3 then turn the sense up until it starts getting noisy then back it back down until it runs quiet, and that could be as low as 40 if your close to buildings or power lines. out in parks and schoolyards you should be able to run the sense in the 70s to low 80s and have it run quiet you can also turn up the disc to quiet it down i would reccomend not going higher than 21 alot of gold rings will ring up in the low 20s let us know how you do hh

try changing the frequency. You might be able to clear up the noise simply by finding the right machine frequency.

Scully

I like everything pumped up and work the ground slowly in both directions. A whole lot of chatter but if your watching your VDI readout your going to see when you come across something because you will have a repeated number ranging within 3-5 numbers. You will get maximum depth and with a little more practice doing it this way you will be much more happy with your results. The only adjustments i make are when I get "false signals" witch can be because of power lines, underground electrical or piping etc. and I would just adjust the frequency. Also what I like to do is spend a whole day removing everything from surface to 3 inches down making 4 inch plugs and taking every piece of trash or whatever else out that i can. Then come back the next day with everything cranked up. I have had some amazing results from doing this.

Scully and Mrcoynz, never tried the frequency adjustment but will try next time out. Thanks for the input.