Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question: Has anyone aver used the Eurka Gold for

beach hunting in the wet sand.? A friend of mine asked me that question and I don't know the answer.

Hi Tony,
The answer is probably a bit late now, but for the record, I've used the Eureka on the beach, and it's not that good. You'd probably be better off with a $100 Chinese detector. The problem is I think due to the fact that wet seashore has a positive going ground signal, and the Eureka is optimised for a negative going ground signal. The Eureka is great in the goldfields. I've been finding half grain bits while running in the 20khz mode, and this frequency will get the 1 grammers and larger over 6 inches deep, but you need to get a good signal enhancer because the audio is really crud. It's amazing how a good enhancer (compressor/expander) brings those weak signal up to hearing level.
Hope he's not gone and bought one already.
Cheers
Kev