Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question! How slow do i go with the the elite!

A

Anonymous

I have been useing the Elite a bout 4 times in the last to weeks and iam geting sick of diging cans that read 540-550 its not fun and im thinking of well i want say it! i go slow and there are sound like craze! there are a lot of - and some + numbers and when i dig them its a can or a aluminam can that reads good AAAAAAAHHHHH! CRAP! i hunt a lot of Ghost towns and theres a lot of trash i have usad the 8" todaY and you just cant cover a lot of land with that thing! i go a little faster and it's the same thing! man i dont know what do any help would be nice!

Those alum can can be a problem at times, but in most case if they are not just pieces of them they will be much bigger than a coin will be. Also I lift my coil a little and if you lift it 4 or 5 inches and the signal stays the same it is a bigger target. If you lift it a few inches and the signal get weaker you know it is not so big.
The Sovereign is not made for speed, but a more complete ground covereage as it will see more than other detector so you have to go slower.
If you only have a few hours on it this is all part of the learning curve of this detector and as you use it you will see the way some of these targets respond and after digging a few you will know which one are good and which ones are bad. One thing is dont look at the meter untill you know it is a repeatable tone as you will see a lot of numbers some bouncing to the 540-550, but are not repeatable targets, but false that are not repeatable.
I would recomend learning the Elite where it is not so full of trash as I feel it will make it easier. That is what I did after I used it for a few weeks and was having problems, I took it to a cleaner area first and learn the response of a good target. It only took me a few hours to understand it.
Good luck
Rick

it wont seem as if your going slow,because you will be hitting more targets and acctually diggin more stuff from less area...there are some days I dont even make it 50 feet from my truck ..but I end up leaving with a full pouch...I also noticed the elite seems easier to learn /understand with a smaller coil..also if like you say its trash riddled hen try a small coil...maybe and 8 in...I dug 2 aluminium cans today...I think that goes with turf..the thing with the cans is they sound like a target right on top...if you didnt find the target real close to the top then you might begin to relize its a can deep in the turf...I think once you really work with the elite you will see how wonderful it really is...I was a bit frustrated by it at first but once you really start to work with it you wont want anything else...most likely...