Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question, If the ex II is not in fast recovery mode,

Kidd

or, if it were not in deep recovery mode, where is it. And is this a good place to be for average coin hunting. Thanks to all, New ExII user, Kidd

My understanding is that Fast shortens the computer's internal signal analysis path through the programmed code, so the machine can reset itself quicker for the next target/signal. If Fast is off, then you are getting the full programmed analysis of the signal. I use Fast in areas where there is a high concentration of targets closer together.

I think Deep enhances the fainter, weaker signals generated by smaller deep items. If it is off, then those responses are not enhanced. I use Deep where there are deep (7+ inches) targets in the area, like soft sandy soils or low periodically flooded areas.

I don't know what "average" coin hunting is, because every place requires analysis of the conditions to determine which of these and other setting adjustments to make.

Deep is kind of an audio boost with the idea that we can enhance those faint deeper target hit sounds. What I see is if Deep is ON then it also amplifies the tiny bits of metal at or on the surface of the ground. I hear pecking sounds from these targets so don't use Deep ON. I read post all the time by users that really like DEEP ON and FAST ON or some combination of ON and OFF. I don't use DEEP OR FAST but prefer Audio1. I think that is why I see such good ID but I tailor discrimination patters with this in mind.

FAST is recovery of the audio when a target is detected. It takes time to report different hits in a single sweep. If there is a lot target FAST can report the targets faster with quicker sound. The trade off is with less time to ID and report signals the ultra deep targets can be missed. The audio can be recovered too slow and too fast so the idea is to keep within the best window for all targets detected.

orly_owl.jpg

:minelab::thumbup:

I think they do the best they can. I have been told if the coil is a few inches off the ground then the little pecking sounds are not heard. I don't know since I have not used FAST or DEEP since they measured voltage with a frogs leg.