Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question of the day

loaderguy

With dry ground do you turn your sensitivity up or keep it normal?
Same with wet ground, sensitivity, up, down or normal?
That's the question of the day.

Loaderguy,
BHTR

Hello Loader Guy I always start out with max sensitivity.If I get false signals I reduce sensitivity till they are gone or at least minimal.Doesn't matter if it's wet, dry or salty ,I always run the max sensitivity that the conditions will allow.Hope this helps.

;)I turn the sensitivity as high as the ground will let me. If I get to much chatter then I turn it down still it quites.If I get to many false signal's I turn it down,just depends on where and how you are hunting.This works for me and I hope it works for you.All it takes is practice,practice,practice, and have fun while you do it!!!:bounty:

Yes it does help and the next time I'm out the sensitivity will be on the max, then I'll work from there!

Thanks,Loaderguy
BHTR

i completely agree with longbones good advice, jack sensitivity all the way up until conditions dictate otherwise.

What you should do is bury several coins at different depths in your yard.( Coin garden) Your ground conditions should be the same as where you are hunting unless you are going to hunt many miles away. By having coins coins at different depths say from 3" to 10". Then by testing in your coin garden before you hunt and trying different adjustments to see which adjustments are best for that day with the soil. Be it moist or dry what are the deepest coins you can detect at that time.