Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on Ace 250 operation

I got my Ace 250 this week and did some tests with it. I am having problems and need advice. Air tests are all right on but the trouble started when I tested it on buried coins. I cut a plug in the sod and buried the coins one at a time at 4". Here's the results:

quarter: right on with ID and depth
dime: picked it up occasionally but had to run in all metal mode with
sensitivity at max. Otherwise, no signal.
nickel: No signal except in all metal with sensitivity at max. ID and
depth both jumped all over the scale.
penny: No signal in any mode or sensitivity.

Could I have a faulty detector or is it possible that wet ground conditions will present these problems? It rained a half inch or so a couple of days ago. I live in Iowa so mineralization is not much of a problem.

Are your notch filters set up with the factory settings or did they go off.
Hold the power on button for 5 seconds until it beeps to reset them.
Or you might have a real problem. Hows the batteries, my meter was reading just low, and I got all sorts of glitches.
Mine bounces on coins in the ground too, 1 sec its a nickel then its something else. Keeps me digging:-(
Bob

Swing speed could come into play here. The faster you move the 250 coil over the find, the deeper and better it will detect.
hh,
Ken

Due to snafu known as "Metallurgical Phenomenon" freshly buried coins in dirt are often difficult to impossible to detect. Wet ground usually improves conductivity which is probably why you picked them up at all. I doubt there's anything wrong with your tector. Try it in the real world. If it's working in air tests it will work elsewhere.

Bill