Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on buying a new CZ-3D

Pioneerman

Hi, Frank here. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I am looking to purchase a new Fisher CZ-3D this week and would like to get all of the information on it as I can. The machine I'm looking at is at a local dealer, and I found out that is was made in El Paso Texas in April of 2007. Do you all think this is a good detector to buy or should I wait to find a 1021 or a 1121 serial number machine. I know the 1021's were made in 2004 and the 1121's were made in 2005/2006. What do you all think, Thanks for your help.

I can only speak from experience as a cz3d owner, all i can say is its personal preference. I went with the 3d a year ago. It works great, depth, sens, ground, everything works like its supose to. I read everything there was to read on it, Ads, posts, reviews, field tests. Everything this machine had to offer was exactly the kind of machine I was looking for. ......for the type of places and type of hunting I planned on doing...(coinshooting northeast older colonial sites) ...in 08 many relics and coins were found with this machine.....my headphone jack didnt last very long on it tho, ..just goes silent, no sound in the phones or from the machine when i plug a pair in, and i tried many pairs...loose wire?....dirt?....who knows! maybe a damp twisted papertowl in the hole will clean the dirt out, if it is dirt.
yeah, they would have to send me a loaner if i was to send mine back, id rather not waite 2 months for the thing to come back. too many horror stories about returns and repairs are listed in these forums.....but thats every company, ....I hope you make a good choice for yourself, consider what type of hunting you want to do, and what type of money you want to spend, read up on it, ...ask other owners....good luck

There is info on Tom D's website on some tests to perform on one to see if they are calibrated right. You could always print those out and test the detector before you buy it to make sure everything is ok.

Hey Prolab,
I sent my CZ3D in right before Christmas and had it back right after New Years. The secret is calling Felix in Texas or emailing him for a return authorization.
He will note the problems and give you the number. If it bothered me at all I would get it in right away. I put off sending mine all summer because I didn't want
to give it up. Mine came back quick and fixed. I wish I had sent it in earlier so I could have enjoyed it last summer without having to baby it to get it to work.

HH, Don

Hey Prolab

Right below the battery compartment there are two screws that look like they hold the coil connector in place. If you take them out the whole inside can be popped out,giving you easy access to the headphone jack. Check to see if there is a broken connection. Can't imagine it would have to much effect on your warranty.

Turtleman

I wish it had an audible threshold in disc. mode like the 1260x. Because you could detect for a wile without knowing there was no signal reaching you. its happened to me before. HH. Tim