Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on camlocks

Andy Sabisch

Quick question . . . is there a way to fix camlocks / knuckles on the ATX so that they hold in position? The upper one on my ATX holds somewhat until you put pressure on it and then it slides together . . . .

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy.

You can try using come compressed air and blow in around them and you may get lucky.
Most times (90%) it requires disassembly of the camlocs (using Garrett's shaft nut spanner tool #1625200 for this) so you can clean
everything internal to the camloc and restore the functionality. The sand grains get embedded in the plastic friction pads
and thus reduces the surface area contacting the fiberglass rods - then it slips. Also roughens the surface of the rod over time and
compounds the issue.

Hope that helps?

Beav

Hi Andy
I had the same problem but with the middle camlock. no matter how tight I tighten the camlock it would slip in .I called garret after the warranty was over..my mistake because it was doing it before the warranty ended. Anyways they have a kit for the plastic pads and the knuckles for like 35-40 bucks .After replacing all of them it worked fine.The kit comes with 3-pads 3 knuckles slightly different sizes for different shaft sizes.