Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on coils

jtram

I have several detectors and like each one. I am now trying to make each one a little more specialized for certain types of detecting. So the question is which extra coil for the G2 would be best. I mainly relic hunt and the stock coil is good from time to time when field hunting but I have other detectors with more depth for this type of hunting. I would mainly use the G2 and new coil around old house sites that would have a considerable amount of iron in the ground. I like to cover ground and have a 6" coil on another detector but think the G2 is so much faster than the other machine.

So to the folks that own a 5x10 and the 5" is the 5x10 nearly as good as the 5" in regards to separation ? I sometimes don't have the patience for a small coil and was hoping to hear good things in the 5x10 over the 5" and stock coil.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Jim

In my opinion the 5" has better separation but the 5x10" covers more ground and has better separation than the 11" coil, depth wise the 11" then 5x10" then the 5" coil. If it was me and the area is really full of junk I would grab the 5" coil over the others, but that's just my opinion. Good Luck on your choice they all have their positive's and negative's.

I agree the 5" coil is superior to any other coil for target seperation, but I found the 10" elliptical coil to be superior to the 11" in every respect, including both sensitivity and depth.

However, I only hunt for jewelry, never for relics, so the 11" coil might be better for that.

Hi all, I was wondering this same thing. I've never used my Pro as a relic machine (few relic sites here), but recently have lucked into a really good military relic site. My Explorer does OK on this site in the more open areas, but in the square nail-infested parts of the site, I think my GB Pro might be a good unit. I have the 11" DD and the 5" DD; would it make any sense to get the 5x10? I could actually imagine that 5x10 becoming my main coil on this site, but wonder if it's worth the cash, when I could easily use the 5"...it's just SO small... :)

Steve