Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question on ground mineralization

A

Anonymous

Hi:
Old man winter has finally let up a bit in New England and I got out a bit today
The question I have is does or can ground change with the seasons in the same areas? I went to 2 places I generally go and usually have a ground reading of 70 -74 at both places. Today I was having trouble with chatter and popping with my normal settings , c/j gain at 9 disc at 3 . I checked the ground and found it to be 84 at one site and 80 at the other.I had to crank down the gain to 6 to be able to hunt without false signals and chatter.
Does frost still in the ground affect it? The ground was wet, could dig most places to about 5 inches untill I hit hard frozen ground.
I ended up hunting with a 6 gain to quiet it down. It was not a great day hunting,found some clad but it was a great day to be out.
Thanks in advance

My guess is that the wet ground is amplifying the ground minerals. When the ground dries out, you will probably get a ground reading that is closer to what you are used to.
Hope that helped,
Otto...