Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question on older White's coil compatibility

I've got a couple of older White's coils sitting around that operate at their standard 6.59kHz. However, I am not sure if they fit the modern White's machines with the nylon screw. If I remember correctly the nylon screws are larger in diameter than the old brass screw setup. Is there a solution to this problem of using the older coils on the newer nylon screw machines? I'd like to sell the coils but need to know if I can say they work on the current models.

Thanks

See Billbeep's thread on the 5.3 mounting below in this forum. Hope it helps.
HH
Scott

The newer Blue Max series coils( SL type detectors) will not work correctly on the old units (square box) and the older coils won't work correctly on the new units that take the Blue Max series coils.

n/t