Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on potentiometers

DigPan

I would like to know what the two potentiometers in the Ace 350/250 adjusts. One located to the outside of the board and the other closer to the center of the board. If anyone knows please post. Thanks in advance.

Donald
SC

Best answers I could find for your info.

FROM http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=90596:
ADH247

HERE IS MY COMMENT FROM BRAD AT GARRETT:

Hi Anthony,

Those two pots are for internal adjustments, and are not made for tweaking. They are set against our procedures here at the factory, also the pots don’t adjust the ground balance.

As for you setting up your detector for beach hunting, I would hunt in beach mode. It will pick up all the gold, silver and coins. But it will eliminate the bottle caps, foil and iron targets. Now it will still pick up pull tabs as pull tabs read right in the middle of the gold area.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks and have a great day,

Brad Keel
Customer Service - Tech Support
Garrett Metal Detectors
Ph: 972-494-6151 / 1-800-527-4011
Fax: 972-494-1881

FROM http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=90596:
donnyjaguar

If its like the ACE 250 one of them controls the timing that the "receiver" portion of the detector is "listening" to reflected signals from the target. Setting it too low will reduce sensitivity a lot. Setting it too high will make it false all the time. The sweet spot is where its set at the factory and the balance of the circuitry determines how much of the pulse to "read" which in turn allows you to "adjust" the sensitivity.

In short, its not ground balance. Its used to compensate for slight variance of the passive and active components in the design and should be left alone.

Thanks WaterWalker, that is exactly the response I needed. That tells me enough to leave them alone. You have just saved the life of a Metal Detector. Thanks again.

Donald
SC