Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on potentiometers

DigPan

I would like to know what the two potentiometers in the Ace 350/250 adjusts. One located to the outside of the board and the other closer to the center of the board. If anyone knows please post. Thanks in advance.

Donald
SC

Digpan I cant say about this one however, but for most detectors the 2 pots on the inside are for adjusting the fine and coarse ground balance. But those are calibrated at the factory and any adjustment could cause your detector to not operate at peak performance. Hope this help.

frank

Thanks, I have decided not to touch.
Thanks again,
Donald
SC

One is almost certainly the ferrite null phase tweaker. The other one, lots of different things that it could be.

In any case, they're factory adjustments, don't mess with 'em. Not even if you're an engineer working for a competitor. I am and I wouldn't.

they are probably:
1. threshold level
2. vdi calibration
just a guess.