Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on the AT Pro?

John (Ma)

I was at a dealer and checking out the AT Pro and they said the special running now would include a smaller coil. They said that the fequency would be differewnt than the stock coil??? Is this true or do you change it with the detector or what? Thanks

That is news to me and I have never heard anything about that being the case. I have both those coils and the only difference between the two when changing them is the bigger gets a little more depth. HH jim tn

That is what I thought, thanks! They also sell Minelab and could be getting mixed up with the 705 series as that is an option for them, thanks again.

I have the smaller 5X8 coil on my Pro, and love it. Bought lower rod so changing coils in the back of my car is easier. Have heard the 4 inch sniper coil is awesome in really, really trashy areas, but have not gotten one yet, Artie

I don't think that is true. Minelab Xterra's are the only detectors I know that you can change the detector's frequency by just changing the coil. The ATP is basically a 15 kHz machine regardless of which coil is installed..

Remember that sales people are not usually as knowledgable as the end user of their product. That would be you and I and all of the people on this forum that use the detectors.
You came to the right place to get a technical question answered correctly and truthfully. This forum contains great wisdom from people that live the dream of metal detecting.

Happy hunting

Sparkster