Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on the EquinoxQuestion 600

There is no all metal mode on the Equinox 600. If you press the hotshot button, you are accepting everything. The detector remains in discrimination operation in all modes

John --

What Rick is saying is that there's no TRUE threshold-based all-metal mode. Pressing the horseshoe button removes all discrimination, such that you ARE accepting ALL targets -- BUT, the return signal is still passing through the discrimination "circuit" first. I think -- based on what you are asking -- that might be sort of an irrelevant technicality. Bottom line is, if you are running "fully open" in terms of discrimination, YES, from there, you can "notch out" any single ID number, or group of ID numbers, that you want. Hopefully this answers the question you were trying to ask...

Steve

According to Minelab Engineering, All Metal on the EQUINOX is true all metal....not zero discrimination. HH Randy

Digger said:
According to Minelab Engineering, All Metal on the EQUINOX is true all metal....not zero discrimination. HH Randy

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that applies only to the Gold Modes.....

Digger said:

Randy if it's true all metal what is the pinpoint mode based on seems to be like a boosted vco all metal mode where as the horseshoe mode still displays the target id and audio of the target and pinpoint does not can you explain . thanks sube

Threshold vs AM....... apples and oranges. Threshold.... there is a TRUE and a REFERENCE threshold. True is only used in the gold mode...... the other modes use REFERENCE. Reference is basicly ...... NOISE it has nothing to do with the performance of the machine like we are used to where you turn it so you can barely hear it to allow weaker targets to be heard. It does what the manual says....... allows you to hear nulls (reference new term) from disc targets. So this means you can run with NO threshold, except for gold mode, and it has NO affect on depth/weak targets. This appears to be the reason the default is 0 threshold. I using NO threshold....... and on iron i just reduce the tone volume to 4............ really reduces the NOISE even if you want to run AM. I get brain numb listening to a threshold after 8 hours....... and like most start hearing only the higher tones.

Now AM...... like the manual says.... disables the current disc pattern so that all metal objects will be detected....... that said all targets are then being processed and you get a digital read out.

I believe what hes asking is how to make a pattern using the 600? I dont have the 600...... but on the 800 you hit the SETTING BUTTON........ then hit it until you get to the ACCEPT/REJECT BUTTON...... hold the button for a second an a line with show under it....... then you can accept or reject targets for your pattern.

short answer....No. All Metal mode does not allow you to reject any targets. HH Randy

Pinpoint is a “non-motion” mode which produces VCO-style audio. It’s driven by the same signals which drive the All Metal mode. The “non-motion” mode means that signals won’t decay over time, which is great for pinpointing targets, but not ideal for discriminating targets. Discrimination is left to the regular operating modes which are "motion" modes. The discrimination processing is still active in All Metal, so a correct Target ID and an audible tone corresponding to the Target ID will be generated. However, in All Metal, the discrimination mask is not used, so no signals will be “masked” or “discriminated out” or “blanked”. You’ll hear everything. HH Randy