Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on the MXT prospecting 'iron grunt AM' mode...

Paul (Ca)

I've owned a couple of MXT's before and sold them before I never got familiar with the prospecting mode, Now after using a GMT and enjoying the all-metal 'iron grunt' feature was wondering if the MXT in prospecting mode has this same 'iron grunt' feature when pushing the trigger forward?

Appreciate any comments, If the MXT does have the iron grunt feature I may be getting another one soon.

Thanks!
Paul (Ca)

Yes sir it does...........:thumbup:

Thanks Bob :)

Ok, Now I got to get another MXT since it has this neat feature :)

Thanks again, Paul

But I need to clear something up, it does not grunt in the trigger forward position but does grunt in the trigger in the middle. When pushing the trigger forward on MXT it locks the grunt out.
That's the only difference in the MXT and the GMT except for frequency.

Dont forget to add a small coil to the arsenal, you will need a DD for bad ground. I have the 5.3 eclipse for quiet areas for specimen hunting the 10x6 DD for general searching and I followed Hill Billy,s advice and got the little 6 shooter for small gold in bad ground. By the way Hill Billy it works great and I got 4 tiny bits each the size of 1/2 a pin head. Neat little coil, now I know why you like it.

Great news B.T. but you guys are still kicking my butt on finding the yellow stuff. I went to Arizona for a few days and came up empty handed, I guess I am going to have to do some research and find a new place to prospect. We did get some winter sunshine that made the trip worth while.................:thumbup:

Don't worry I zeroed out the other day myself. I travelled to a place I found some nice picture nuggets years back, one being a 7 gram bit that looks like a rabbit standing up ears and all, an hour later I'm driving back and forwards thinking I had taken a wrong turn, then It dawned on me, the great spot had now been dozed up by the forestry guys and planted with a million pine trees as far as the eye can see. Cant even see the diggings anymore. The trees are that close together that the branches touch and you cant even walk through them. Found another place nearby but got nothing but an old 22 bullet.