Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on tones?

I have seen a lot of posts where some have set up tone frequencies.

Example:

T1 200 mhz
T2 455 mhz
T3 644 mhz
T4 791 mhz

My question is, for example in tone 3 & 4, is there any significant difference between 644 and 645 or 790 and 791?

In othere words, why not just round them off? Just curious.

The tones are changed in increments of three. Meaning one "click" of the button will change it three numbers... if you would push the "-" button on T3 it would change from 644 to 641.

Schultzie is correct. The numbers move three at a time. But if you are asking if I can tell a big difference between 644 and 791 I would have to say not with my hearing. Personally I like low and high tones. The middle tone just complicates the thinking process for me. High tones stop me in my tracks.

Thanks guys, that helps to understand a little more, I'll have to play with it more, but I'll get
there eventually. Love this machine!!!

I set up my tone breaks on targets I know.
That way the Deus warbles on specific targets whilst sweeping.
Helps to discriminate them by ear.

Relic hunting you just want an easy to listen to high tone and the low iron grunt.
Stick a coin on edge in the ground and sweep it, tune the tone for easy listening as you would a prospecting machine.
Constant volume just run up and down the tone frequency until it appears to sound louder.
It helps pulling out the goodies in between the iron.