Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on Update4.1

BarryL

I have version 4.0 now on my Remote and LF coil as well as ws4 Puc getting a set of Ws5 headphones but the have 4.1 will I have to update my remote and coil to 4.1 Thanks for any help

Not sure have read good and bad on it . I have not had any issues with 4.0 just asking

There is no reason not to upgrade to 4.1

On the Minelab side, everyone complains that the CTX has a way to update but they never release updates.

On the XP side, they release updates and many seem to be hesitant to upgrade.

Software updates are released to fix bugs, accommodate new accessories and features, and improve functionality.

Reasons why people don't upgrade:
1) Don't want to be the first to try an unknown release?
2) Theirs is working fine, so no need?
3) Lose features they like?
4) Have to relearn if changes made?

But bottom line is you lose nothing and gain some. What you gain may not be important to you, but you may also gain in areas you're not aware of.
And if you ever have any problems, manufacturer will typically ask that you be running the latest software first, as that may have fixed bugs.

So you don't have to be the first to upgrade, but I see no downside to moving to 4.1. Certainly nothing to worry about in your case if you have to.