Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on upgrade to SE

Andrus(ut)

I am a loyal XS user, I don't want to upgrade - my XS in my mind is all I would ever need. But the machine is getting old, who knows when it might quit. I have looked at used and have thought about getting used or XS2 but then I think just update. I have heard that the SE has shorter tones, like quicker or something, plus is the display smaller? I feel like I can operate the XS as good as anybody and am wondering if there a learning curve going to the SE or nothing to worry about. I don't like the sound of shorter tones. Thanks in advance.

Actually the tones can be set for longer on the SE or even the SE has the pitch hold which the threshold tones will change too to the last target it sees so it is easier for many like me to know when it sees a target. Other wise the tone are the same if you run normal as your XS is. The menu is easier to use on the SE which I like plus it seems to ID faster then the XS did for me. I like the fact that I like to check some signals in both smartscreen and digital and see where it too will be faster for a visual ID than the older Explorers were.
I like my SE better than the older ones myself and got the new SE Pro now and I do see where I like this new coil best of any of the Explorers.