Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on using 2 tones

The Wolf

I've found that coming from the F75, and always running it in 2 tones, I really like a similar setting on the Deus. I've got a few nice programs and something about 2 tones clicks with me. So here's my issue:

I want to keep my disc around 6-8, to maximize depth. I want to hear the nails and iron as a low grunt in the background (tone 1), and want everything above say 40 to hit the high tone (tone 2).

Is there a way to use 2 tones to make everything under 40 give the low tone, while keeping the disc on 6?

I've tried to set it up this way, but the machine registers a corrolation between tone 1 and disc. I can increase the tone break to 40 for tone 1, but that also seems to increase the disc to 40.

What if I set it to 3 tone, and use the 2nd tone for 7-40, then notch then out. What tone would the machine give on numbers that are notched out?

Hope this makes sense. I think I just lost myself. Haha.

Hi,
you can use the notch between 6 and 40 and keep running your disc at 6... something like that.
Now, don't forget that the disc is an audio disc so if you put your disc at 40 it will be the same that at 6, the real disc is between 0 and 2.1 on the Deus.
You won't get any depth by lowering your disc on Deus except on certain situations.

Bye

You can also set your disc at 6 ie tone 1 (100 Hz), tone 2 100 Hz from 6 to 40, and then a higher tone for your 3rd tone from 40 to 99 so 2 tones as you planned ;) it will work too !
Bye

Treebeard has the right idea set it for 3 tones and match the 2nd tone to your disc tone the 3rd tone matches my
last machine pretty close to make training my ears easier....this is how I've used mine for a long time

PS : audio breackpoints could bring some mixed tones, so targets showing a conductivity such as 38/39/41/42 could present a half ferrous/half high audio pitch, sometimes it's bothering me, so I have decided to set up a 2 tones from 0 to 5.5 (low tone) and 800 Hz above 5.5 (ferrous tone at 0) but it works in my french lanscapes, I'm not sure it will work for US hunting.

Makes sense. Thanks for the replies. I just don't want a signal at 10 to register as a high tone. Didn't know I could match the Hz on tone 1 and tone 2. That sounds like the way to go.

Treebeard.....so is there no difference in performance and depth setting disc at 6 vs 40? Typically on most vlfs, less disc = more depth. Is this not the case with the Deus?

I'm gonna try to explain my statements with my terrible english, but here we go :

When you catch an edgy good target (meaning a deep target almost out of bounds of detection), this one may be recognized as a ferrous target. With a low dic, your MD will have more chance to identify it correctly and that's why people think that the MD is running deepeer with low disc.
So, changing disc won't make a difference on the MD crude power, we all have to to make the difference between the power of the MD and the detection limit.

IMO of course.

Bye

The Wolf said:
Makes sense. Thanks for the replies. I just don't want a signal at 10 to register as a high tone. Didn't know I could match the Hz on tone 1 and tone 2. That sounds like the way to go.

Treebeard.....so is there no difference in performance and depth setting disc at 6 vs 40? Typically on most vlfs, less disc = more depth. Is this not the case with the Deus?

" less disc = more depth. Is this not the case with the Deus?"

Try it and surprise yourself.....................

The Wolf said:

Hi Wolf! I have learned that setting your disc at 6 does increase depth. Reactivity and silencer at bare mins also increases depth. Doing so requires a slower coil swing a much slower swing. If I were you I'd set my disc at whatever you want. Then set your tone to 200 or lower and set the other tone to 800. Leave the disc mode to goto notch and set it from 6-40 . You will still hear the iron. I'd look at setting up in three tones and set the first ( 0-6 )to 200 then the next ( 6-9:geek: to 800 then ( 98-100 ) to 200 or lower. You'll get the iron tones and still get the high tone for your goodies. I hope it helps ya bud. Good luck!