Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on waterproofing

j piddle

I have no ideal so thought I would ask you guys.
If you do not use the control head or separate it from the machine can the machine be submerged?
Thanks guys
Just piddling

You can in fact do what you are asking - run without the control unit - in shallow water.

I am drafting up some instructions and photos to go with the antenna mod I described previously which will show you how it works without the controller. The thing you will need regardless of how you configure it is that there needs to be an antenna from the coil to the receiver components (headphones or control unit).

The wirfe is simply an RG6 cable with the outer casing stripped off and secured as shown in the photos I posted earlier.

Let me know if you have any specific questions

Andy Sabisch

Andy Sabisch said:
You can in fact do what you are asking - run without the control unit - in shallow water.

I am drafting up some instructions and photos to go with the antenna mod I described previously which will show you how it works without the controller. The thing you will need regardless of how you configure it is that there needs to be an antenna from the coil to the receiver components (headphones or control unit).

The wirfe is simply an RG6 cable with the outer casing stripped off and secured as shown in the photos I posted earlier.

Let me know if you have any specific questions

Andy Sabisch

Thanks for the reply Andy.
When you say shallow water i assume that the whole detector can be submerged just not the control box or headphones.
Think about getting the XP and the decission to get it depends on the answer to the above question.I will also look up your other post.
Once again thanks for the info.
Dwight