Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on XS audio

Andrus(ut)

Is the XS stereo audio? The reason I ask is I am trying to find a back-up to my set-up below that looks to be a stereo type set-up that I have used for years with great success. I went to radio shack to purchase a back-up extender and (Obsolete). I tried to set something else up and used a mono 1/8" male plug to 1/4" female and it did not work. I have never had trouble with my XS 1/8' jack and I believe it is because I never remove the Jack from the plug. I am worried that my extender is starting to fail (the volume control is getting flaky). This set up works great and is cheap so it is easy to use top of the line 1/4" male plug head phones, mine are Jolly Roger's skull heads - very nerdy and fits our hobby stereotypical profile for the non swingers.

any help would be appreciated.

Andrus,

It has been a few years since I tore apart my explorer, but if I remember correctly it is not wired like a normal stereo headphones would be. I think it hooks the headphone speakers up in a series.

Chris

I've thought it might be nice--don't know how well it would work in practice--to be able to get conductive sounds in one ear and ferrous in another. Perhaps with different qualities to the sound (square wave for iron, sine wave for conductive?).