Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question Ref. Cortes

A

Anonymous

I recently made a trade for a Tesoro Cortes, I used it yesterday for the first time at a playground which was covered with mulch. I noticed that the detector constantly read (iron) as I hunted except when I detected a target coin, tab, etc. I was wondering , is this normal? The Cortes performed outstanding, and I dont think there was that much iron in the ground. Is this a default reading that you can expect?
Jerry Murphy

I've never noticed that with my Cortes Jerry. Does it do that every place you hunt?
J. Brown

Yes the couple of places I have hunted it constantly reads iron, it will do this and remain perfectly quiet without any audio until you detect a target.
Jerry Murphy

I've never experience that with my Cortes. Does it do that air-testing too? Maybe you might have a lot of small iron trash at the sites? Where are you from? Maybe someone else can jump in here and give more sage advice than I am giving as well!
J.

I live in High Point N.C. The soil in this area is heavy mineralized, that may be the problem.
Jerry Murphy

Mine will do that also, about 90% of the time. Sometimes, it will default back to the Discriminate display but very rarely. I think (no expert here) it's detecting ground mineralization. It never seems to effect the performance.
Mark in NC