Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question.... regarding coils for the 6000

John Fla

Thanks in advance.

Will an 8" coil from a 6000 di 3 work on the
Pro XL? I have a series 3 that is coming back from repair with an 8" coil and I just picked up a new 6000 pro xl. I would like to be able to use the smaller coil if it will work.

John

Even though they are all working at that 6.59 kHz frequency, there are other differences.

The 6000 Pro XL, XL Pro, 5900 & 6000 Di Pro SL, XLT, Classic III Plus and newer version Classic III SL, Classic ID, Classic IDX & IDX Pro, Quantum II and Quantum XT/QXT Pro, Eagle II, Spectrum and a few others use the newer "Blue Max" series of coils, and other labels that are compatible.

The older 6000 Di Series 3 and the original 6000 Di Pro and some others of that circuitry design use the older-type coils. There was a 10" coil made for them, but they can't use the current coils.

In my opinion, the 6000 Di Series 3 is probably at its best with the then-standard 8" coil. The newer XL Pro can be operated at a somewhat slower sweep speed and comes with the 950 if you want coverage. My personal favorite coil for the newer model is a 6

Does the XLT have a wide enough span of adjustment in its sweep speed to equal the two classes of detectors with noticeably different sweep speeds that you have mentioned above?

By design, the XLT is in the "four-filter" or "fast-motion" category, but not like those earlier four-filter models we were familiar with.

The first motion discriminators designed by George Payne, the Bounty Hunter Red Baron's, required a near whipping-speed sweep of the coil. White's earlier motion discriminators were just slightly slower and through they years they improved upon them a little.

The 5900/6000 Di Pro SL's, with their Signal Balance controls and much improved circuitry, were able to be swept at a "comfortable" moderate-motion sweep speed. Using a smaller coil, such as the 6

Thanks for providing the "off the subject" info for me. I have another XLT question but will take it to a XLT forum.