Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question: Relic Mode on Salt Beach ?

I use the salt beach mode on a black sand salt beach,,,but was told to use Relic Mode on the beach to get deeper depth ?? Has anyone ever tried this setting and do I have to change any settings to accommodate it ,To me, the unit will be going haywire .....,,thanks for the help,HH.Tim

First of all, any program can be run in salt compensate. You could run relic and add salt compensate.

I can't see how stock relic program could be deeper than the stock beach program. The relic has lower sensitivity and RX settings. Also it would not cancel out the salt. What is their reasoning to run relic? :confused:

If you run in the dry sand you can try running without the salt compensate in the beach program. Any time any VLF detector has to compensate for salt you will lose sensitivity to small gold. This has nothing to do with depth.

Rob, you answered a major part of it,,,,,,: "Any time any VLF detector has to compensate for salt you will lose sensitivity to small gold "...the person that told me about this , is a gold seeker on the beach...I will try the beach mode in the dry sand without salt compensate and see what happens.....thanks,.

You may get away without the salt compensate in the dry, but will need it in the damp and wet. Try and see.

Tim_on_Long_Island said:
Rob, you answered a major part of it,,,,,,: "Any time any VLF detector has to compensate for salt you will lose sensitivity to small gold "...the person that told me about this , is a gold seeker on the beach...I will try the beach mode in the dry sand without salt compensate and see what happens.....thanks,.
I ran the coin and jewllerey program at a black sand beach with tx boost on and salt compensate and it is a coin killer. The salt compensate looses a bit of sensitivity at the midrange of the vdis scale. That means could hit gold at a higher number pretty good. This is how I understood this. I hope I helped you.

You lose gold in the foil range.

I tried the beach mode without salt compensate in the dry sand...did find coins,,did get pulltabs..so I know I was in the ring area,,,,,did find a 1957 Rosy dime,,that made my day