Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question to all x terra users! Need your opinion!!!

littlenugget

Hello x terra users , im sending you this message because i have a big question , i have been a member of this page for over more than 2 years,many of you have helped me a lot in some questions

First of all im from Mexico, im struggling a little bit in my english sorry for the mistakes that probably i will make.

This is my question.

I have found a super rare coin from my state ( of course with my x terra 705 :clapping:) , only 4 are known, it was the first coin made for my city and state. It has a lot of history, im talking about a coin that is 200 years old, on the back it says the year and in the other the name of how it was named the first time my city . Right now that name is every where , even in grossery stores are named like how it was called for the first time my city , about 5 years ago they wanted to call my city again how it was callled the first time.......Every year they make festivals that is called just like it is printed in my coin......im the only one that has that coin in my state. there are books and jornals that talk about this coin.

As i said only four are known,

I went with some numisimatics and told them that i had found the fourth coin they couldnt beleive it ,they were very happy they took pictures of my coin messured it and weighted etc

But before i told them i had found it , months before they said that this coin didnt had a price because its one of those things that you just cant put a price on it, that it could be worth a millon dollars or more just because what it represents and how many they are and history..........

Continiung......when i took my coin and told them, they tried not to put a lot of value on the coin like before , and tried tu buy it to me very cheap......now that they know that i have the fourth they never thought that a fourth would appear they are trying tu buy it to me very cheap, thet dont want to say that its worth a lot, becasue they want it for them

Im registerd in a auction in texas, and an expert told me that this coin doesnt have a price that many would fight for this coin . A guy told me to send a letter to the museum of Carlos Slim in Mexico City that he pays millons for rare coins and becasue of history , THIS COIN IS SO RARE THAT IT DOESNT COME IN ANY BOOK OF COINS AND PRICES

I just dont know what to do , theres has been a lot of envy, lies, every wants my coin.

About 5 months ago there was a auction in texas of a coin and it was sold for more than 50 thousand dollars that coin was made in my state and there about 15 coins that exist and it doesnt have history as my coin , i told a retired numismatic man , that dosent belongs to the society of numismatis he is retired , that my coin has a lot more value in history and $$$ than the coin that was sold for more tan 50 thosand dollars , and he said your coin is worth a lot but a lot more money and has a lot of history

Just put im my place , i dont where are you from , lets say that you are from Arizona, and you have the first coin made for that state, and lets say that you are from phoneix , and before phonex was called phoniex it was called lets say PLEB, what would you think that coin its worth for the history of Arizona and only four are known , WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

2 Months ago one person that is a "collector" said to me that my coin isnt worth that much, he said to me i will buy it to you for 150 dollars, what :surprised: y said you are wrong its worth a lot more, 2 weeks later that same guy said i will give you 500 dollars nop i said, las month he said i will give you 4000 dollars, and i KNOW that this guy is not a coin collector he is a reseller, he buys things very cheap and sells them 500% or more, just like in a pawn shop.

im registerd in a auction web page in USA , i recive mails every week and they want me to SEND THEM THE COIN , THEY ARE VERY INTRESTED IN MY COIN , AND THEY WANT ME TO SEND THE COIN TO NEW YORK SO THAT THEY CAN CLEAN IT, IM AFRAID THE COIN COULD GET LOST

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU THINK ITS WORTH MY COIN JUST PUT IN MY PLACE AND IMAGINE THAT YOU WOULD FOUND THE FIRST COIN MADE FOR YOUR STATE AND ONLY 4 ARE KNOWN

I HAVE ALRREADY SEND THIS MESSAGE TO TWO MEMBERS OF THIS PAGE AND THEY TOLD ME ALMOST EXACLY THE SAME THING

THANKS AND I JUST WANT TO AD ONE MORE THING X TERRA 705 ROCKS :super:

Do you have a picture of it. It would be cool to see it. What's is it made of gold /Silver/ ? I wouldn't let it out of my sight let alone mail it. Be safe GL

If it is that rare, do not mail it. Get many quotes for value. At the auction set a reserve price and don't sell it for less then that.

BillF said:
At the auction set a reserve price and don't sell it for less then that.

Similar to what Bill said, if you want to get an idea of what it's worth, put it on an auction site like eBay but set the reserve price for $1,000,000. Nobody will see this reserved price unless they bid above a million dollars. The chances are very good that your coin is not worth a million bucks so nobody will hit the reserve price. Run it in a few auctions a couple of weeks a part to get a feel for what people will pay.

Doing it that way guarantees that you won't sell it but you can get a feel for the market value.

I do a lot a eBay and about 10 years ago I did this exact thing that I'm telling you to do. I bought an item for $15 at a flea market that I knew had the value of at least a few hundred dollars. I put a reserve price of $600 on it. I figured if someone was willing to pay me $600 for the item, I'd gladly take it. Within a few days the reserve price was surpassed and it sold for around $900

If you have have no desire to sell this then put your reserve way above what it could ever be worth. If you would part with it for $6000 and not look back then pick a number like that and have fun!