Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question to Steve herschbach

treasureisland

Hi Steve

I was hoping you may be able to answer this question?

You said on an earlier post that you can assign any tone to any vdi number IE make iron sounds a grunt

OK lets say i want to make -1 to -99 the same tone to suit me, do i have to go into each number singly and set it for that tone

Or is there a quick way like block edit to set that whole block of numbers to a certain tone

For your example, you would enter the tone you want in the first position (either -1 or -99). Then press and hold enter while using the arrow keys to drag the value to the other VDIs in the block.

Hi,

First off, thanks to ak_1234. I've NEVER seen this level of communication from a manufacturer before.

You have to go to the Expert Menu then:

Audio
.......|
.......Tone
.............|
.............Tone ID Mode
................................|
................................Custom
...........................................|
...........................................Edit

Or from the Live Audio level/Tone Button, Hit Zoom, then:

.......Tone
.............|

There you can select each VDI from -95 to +95 and assign any of 256 tones by adjusting a slider. If you want to adjust a range, just hold enter and use the up or down button to set the same tone for any given VDI range. It is very easy to do and only takes a few minutes.

So for example I could make all iron a low tone, low gold range a low mid tone, high gold range a hi mid tone, and high coin a high tone. Walla, four tone detector. Or low tone for iron, low mid-tone for low gold, high tone for nickel, hi mid-tone for high gold, and high tone for high coin.
Or since I'm a gold guy, low tone iron, high tone for gold range, low mid tone to zinc penny, high mid tone for high coin. Or you want 8 tones? Or twelve?

This is a feature I've wanted for a long time. Reject nothing, but set my own custom tone set to hunt by ear the way I want, not some presets I can't change The tones can be whatever my ear likes. I actually feel like I am getting to design my own detector. The screen readouts are really awesome but at the end of the day I hunt by ear. Running the unit wide open with a custom tone set is a dream scenario for me. The machine is a jewelry hunters wish come true. You coin guys/girls will have to decide for yourselves.

I would buy a V3 for this feature alone. I'm amazed people do not get yet what custom tone progamming offers.

Steve Herschbach

Hi Steve, I keep seeing you say you're an old man!!!! If you don't mind me asking, just how old are you? I'm 74, a 27+years Veteran (Of both Korea and Vietnam) But while in Nam I almost got hit w/a
Lg mortar round and got my hearing back after 6-7 weeks. So as you can see I'm hard of hearing. I see on your (Re: Question to Steve Hirschbach) (Dtd: 4-10-09) at the bottom of your answer, you stated that your could put up a large amount of different tones to certain VDI#'s. I just got my V3 and need a lot of help. Could you, if you have time, as I know your a busy man(by the time you entered your answer:yikes: that your busy. Could you please explain to me (a little more clearly) how to enter different tones for pennies, Nickels, dimes, quarters up to silver dollars. I'm a little short on understanding a lot lately. Some heart problems, but the exercise is good for me. Would really appreciate any help/assistance that you may give me. BTW Have you had a a chance to get any GOLD with the V3 yet? KC

floridason, V3, MXT,DX-1, bullseye, + 4 coils
:usaa: retired,

Also enjoy all your comments on the internet. KC

Hi KC,

Age is certainly relative. Compared to you I'm a young buck at 51. I guess it is just that detecting for 35 years makes me feel like an old-timer.

I will try and get back with a more detailed reply. But you simply have to decide what VDI range responds as a certain coin. So nickels tend to come in at 19. But in the ground they will vary. So just as an example let's set 15-24 as nickel.

From the Live Audio level/Tone Button, Hit Zoom, then:

.......Tone
.............|

Scroll to VDI 15 and assign any of 256 tones by adjusting a slider. Now hold enter and use the up or down button to scroll to 24. This will assign the same to to that range of numbers.

So first you need to map out what VDI ranges you want to repond with a given tone. Probably take some experimenting to find the tones you like.

Steve Herschbach

Hey Steve thanks, yes you're a young pup compaired to me:rofl: . This does help a lot better. Though you didn't answer about getting any gold yet. Just wondered. I got 1 small pinhead woth in Nov. '07. Your the man Steve, and we all appreciate your help here. KC HH all

floridason :usaa: retired
V3, MXT, DX-1,bullseye, +4 coils

Hi KC,

You are welcome.

Just one small gold ring so far. I'm afraid I'm so busy getting ready to head to my mine in a few weeks that detecting is taking a back seat right now.

Steve Herschbach