Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question: What time of day do you think most people go to the beach? :cool:

Horsesoldier

I'm thinking between 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

In other words what time frame do you think the beach is crowded with the most donors?

I agree, sound about right 10-2, but here in Florida people stream on to the beach after 2 and stay to 6 or 7. EZ

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to get an idea of the peak traffic times to compare to the tides. That will help determine where the sweet spot may be on the beach for any given tide. If the peak time is during High tide the sweet spot will be higher up on the beach. Low tide it will be further out, etc. Just a theory.

Here on the Delaware and Ocean City, Maryland beaches, people seem to get out around 10am and stay till 4pm or so. Some get out earlier to get a good spot and some people stay later. Usually it's around dinner time when you see the most people leave. On a busy weekend the beach is totally packed with hardly any room left. I find good targets from the dune to the waters edge but I seem to do better in the wet sand than the dry. Good luck, Joe.

Around 10:00 AM till dusk, which is why I hunt either from 8:00 AM-9"30 am, or from dusk till dark.
Really not a fan of playing obstacle course with the beachgoers, nor making a spectacle of myself.
Prefer to do it after they've gone home. Whatever they lost the day before will still be there.

Yeah, I'm with you. Otherwise you get asked "have you found anything?" 50 million times. Normally I just act like I didn't hear them. I'm thinking to myself what part of I have headphones on do you not understand? LOL

Think your guess is pretty good. I try to get to the beach as early as I can. I would be there at 5am each time I go if they allowed parking at that time. Got me a $64 ticket the last time I got there before 6am. Here in Santa Monica school buses start bringing in the kids around 10am and then the rest of the crowd starts pouring in around 11am. As it starts to get busy I'll move to the dry sand and I'm usually out of there by 11:30am. Although I've seen many guys detecting when the beach is crowded I feel uncomfortable detecting between the waders and sunbathers.