Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question......WOT vs Platypus......Sov XS 2a Pro

clockdryve

Wanting to get a WOT or a Platypus New from Doc's and want to know which works better for coin sized objects.....using a Sovereign XS 2a Pro. I just ordered the "Screamer" headphone Amplifier a few minutes ago. So just something extra to mess with I guess. I also have a 11" Coinsearch for this same detector, but not really used either. Guess because it's like trying to use a nose heavy sledge hammer to detect with. What were they EVER thinking :)

I have a Wot 15" on my XS2aPro and it works great although its my second choice, a better coil for me is the SEF15x12 but as its an only now and again use detector i can't afford to have one lying round doing nothing for most of the time(i will get another one eventually as i sold the 15x12 with the Elite)Platapus, no idea, never used it

I used the platypus on my minelab quattro......it was better balanced and a lot better in trashy areas than the stock coil.I also used the wot which i found too heavy and not very good in high trash areas.However,it has great ground coverage and good depth,although i never found things at the amazing depths some people get.If you are looking for an excellent all round coil i would personally get the platypus...it's more useful in a wider variety of conditions than the wot.

The WOT is going to be a lot more heavier than the 11 inch Coinsearch.My pick would be the Platypus in your case.You interested in selling the Coinsearch you could probably help pay for the Coiltek coil.HH Ron

RON, Please write some experience, how it works the Coiltek Platypus Coil.
Can i use with Excalibur?