Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question.

Big Red

When you turn your ace 250 off and try to turn it on (say a second or less later) does it respond and come on or does it need a few seconds of waiting before it will come on when you try to turn it on?

Big Red I just tried mine and it doesn't hesitate at all.

Big Red said:
Thanks! Sounds like it might have an issue.
mine has hesitated before for a while and all I had to do was wiggle the connector, or rake my hands over the batteries and rotate them slightly. Very seldom, though.

When you turn off your machine, small residual charges (mostly in capacitors and chips), remain for a few seconds and slowly drain off to zero...This may explain why your detector does not want to come right back to life...Think of it as trying to force feed your detector when it is still full from the last meal...Just wait about 3 seconds before cycling your detector...Have no idea why you would really need to do this procedure so fast???

HH,