Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question

BarberBill

Anybody have any experience/comments on the Vibraprobe 870 pinpointer? How does it compare to the Garrett Pro Pointer or others/
Thanks,
BB

I had both. The Vibra Probe first and now Pro Pointer. The Vibra probe is a great probe.
The only advantages of the Pro Pointer is the tone changes as you get closer to the target. This way you can tell if target is deep or shallow.
And the Pro Pointer has a light that actually helps if you hunt at night. I have used it at night and the little light was a welcomed addition. That is all the help I can provide. I think the Pro Pointer is slightly deeper (inch maybe two) than the Vibra Probe too.
Good Luck and HH

Thanks, my main interest in the Vibra Probe is the fact that it's totally submersible. And they advertise that it detects from the end only which would be a plus some times.
BB

I had a Vibraprobe several years ago & I never could get the thing to read on the target (coin).---Had to be actually touching the coin with the probe tip before it would even sound off.-----If it's waterproof you are wanting, apply some Gaffers tape over the speaker slots on the Pro Pointer and it's (about) waterproof.----If it's reading off the tip of the probe that you want, "double trigger" (turn the Pro Pointer off & then on again when close to the target).---This de-sensitizes the probe & makes it read on the target closer to the tip (same principle as when you double trigger a detector).------Another tip is you can run a narrow piece of Gaffers tape around the seam of the screw on battery cap on the Pro Pointer.---This may help also although there is already a gasket on the inside of the cap.----One things for sure---by putting this tape around the cap seam, it SURE makes it easier getting it off to change the battery due to fine dirt getting in on the threads of the cap & locking it really tight.------Comparison of those two probes?---IMO, there is no comparison---Garrett Pro Pointer all the way, hands down.---It's the best hand help probe on the market right now & has been for some time (again, IMHO).---My wife & I have used them since they first came out & sell one once in awhile only because we want to replace it with another new Pro Pointer that is under warranty.-----BUT----I have never had to send a Pro Pointer in for repair, they are built like a tank & hold up excellently.-----------Del

D&P - thanks for the info. You've mentioned a couple options on the Pro Pointer I wasn't aware of. As to water use, I'm talking about actual water detecting with a Tiger Shark and several or more feet of water
which might drown my PP.
BB