Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question!!!!

klever

Ok I am really starting to enjoy my Safari more and more every day. The question I have is dealing with fences, playground equipment, right next to an old house, etc. It seems as if my detector goes off about a foot away from these targets. I know I am and will be missing signals closer in. Just looking for some suggestions. Right now I usually just break out my other detector that will get in close. What does everyone else do?

I usually turn my sensitivity down to 12 or so. I'm sure that some depth is lost but it's a trade off

That's interesting that you get closer with another detector. Is it a smaller coil? I hate that I can't get closer too. I'll try turning the sensitivity down, I really don't want much depth there anyway.

One little 'trick' that I use along a fence or another linear metal feature is to slowly sweep parallel to the feature. The Safari will blank out the constant metal background and respond to unscreened targets a LOT closer that way. 4" is easy even with the stock coil and auto sens, closer is harder but possible with slow sweep speed. I have found a lot of clad like this in heavily hunted areas. Depth suffers but not too much ime.

Very helpful! I also had the same problem. Sometimes as much as two or three feet away from fences.

Afield it is a 8 inch concentric, which is really no smaller then the 8 x 6 I have on my Safari, but it does let me get in a lot closer. Thanks Simpson and Slammer I will give those a try.

hh