Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question

Albert

Just purchased a new xp deus with the 9.5 hf coil. I have a small earing that is plated that I have been using to test the Deus with. When I used basic 1 with the stock frequency of 14 , it won't pick it up. It will start picking it up on frequency 28 and really pick it up in frerquency 74. Now I noticed that in the higher frequencies , the hf coil seems to pick up the earing from the lower rod connector to the back. If I bring the earing forwards of the lower rod coil connector, towards the front of the coil, it won't pick it up. It's like only halve the coil is active.. Is this normal ? On the regular coins etc. the whole coil is active or energized . Just wondering if it's this particular target or if the coil on the higher frequencies just activates the lower part of the coil. Thanks.

If the earing is plated, what is it made of? Could be just plastic. and look like gold. Try a real gold ring or earing. IF it dose the same I would contact XP.