Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question

Low-Boy/LCPM

Wondering if I may ask...how many of you 600 and Nox 800 owners have used the deus and the Impact or other detectors and how do you feel the Nox preforms for you verses what you have had or are still using. On the fence with the 800 and the deus?

Thanks
Lowboy

I have used the Deus for roughly 4 years and I used the Impact, Racer & Racer2 and personally I feel my 800 is the better. The Deus is very close but the 800 just seems to pull out the goods my Deus missed. I also prefer the Equinox 800 visually. Easier to see the display and just easy to adjust.

I have a Deus and nox800 all I need I use my nox a lot on saltwater beaches and for water hunting
Deus I use a lot in fields schools and at night because pinpointer is linked.
Check out some of my finds 5 silver half’s so far this year 2 silver dollars a 1883 Morgan and 1923 peace Dollar
A capped bust half dime a lots of other silvers this year with Deus like I said great machines
Equinox is no slouch either found some great finds with it to

Both great machines. Deus for the thickest iron still imo. Nox for deep targets in open areas. Nox will hunt iron too but I just prefer the deus in the thick iron.

I would think the 800 with the smaller coil would do better in iron?

I ran my Deus with the HF 9in coil for about 25 hours in some old thick iron sites up against the NOX 800 and it just handled the iron a lot better. Disc circuit is a whole lot better at discerning trash from treasure. I have the X35 9in coil also and if considering Deus I would opt for the new coil version or the HF 9in version.

Good Q. Lowboy

I had a 600 - didn't work out for me - I helped create, design and develop the first Explorer's and onto the Terra's, E Trac & CTX

My preference was always with the Terra's and E Trac.

I used the 505 all thru the summer but have now dusted off the E Trac and recharged batteries etc.

I also returned my Deus control box for a Service and a battery and I will use IT in conjunction with my E Trac.

My 'work method for patch detecting' is, E Trac first and then a follow-up trip with the Deus.

I'm willing to give the 800 with the FIRST release software a run in the now damper soils I like and will then Upgrade it to the NEW software and make my decision then on whether or not I would 'ditch' the two aforementioned machines?

Des D

For both it's more of a matter of learning, really learning, how to run them.