Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions about Aquasearch

jim/wpb

A few weeks back, I was in visiting Kevin Reilly at RTG and I bought a PI Pro from him. I love the water and I thought what the heck why not have a PI in the arsenal to compliment all of my Minelabs. Afterall, when I wade chest deep, there is very little iron, bottle caps, pulltabs etc.... so if this goes deeper and you can swing it quicker it might be fun.

I have to say so much fun that I'm thinking about selling another unit to get the Aquasearch. Eric Foster has developed a nice aura around the product, but it's hard to find information from the people that count.

I know there aren't a lot of you out there, but those that are... would you please offer up your testimonials.

What are the good things?
What are the frustrating things?
How does it honestly compare in depth to what I have?
Is there much interference?
Battery Life?
Are there any quality issues? If so, How is the service?
Can you swing it moderately quick?
How do you find the settings and learning curve?

The Aquasearch is the best there is for a PI. It is waterproof to only about 6' If you are chest deep and bending over digging, you are pushing it. If you have alot of trash the Excal will probably be better for the depth you can dig. Don

Most South Florida beaches have a drop off that when you go out 30 feet it is chest deep. Afterall, the gulfstream is less than a mile offshore.

Although I do where a mask and snorkel, I tend not to dive and fan. I use a weight belt for stability and a monster scoop to dig.

As far as trash, there is very little as I've found the PI Pro has worked remarkably well and the Excal has very limited nulling. If I encounter a difficult target, I generally release the PI pro and the excal, headphones included, and the power head and headphones float. I refuse to go out in heavy surf so my units do not take a structural beating.

Don

If the unit has limited waterproofing, wouldn't it be better to just buy the SS V.2.

Seems like for $600 extra that should buy you something.

I don't see that you need anything else, personally, from the detectors you own, there is a limit to what you can do in the water digging. On the sand it would be different if you want maximum depth. Don

A SS is not to be used in water, that is why the Aquasearch. If you go in salt waster, you need a waterproof detector period. Don

n/t

Will you expand on this?

n/t