Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions about Teknetics Liberator

amustel

Hello everybody. I understand that the Teknetics Patriot seems to be the star of the Ameritek line, but also its price is almost twice of the Liberator. What do you think of the Liberator, is it a good machine for the price? ($219). Would it be a good upgrade if I currently own the Minuteman?

One thing I don't like much of the Liberator is the push-in coil connector, is it a big minus, compared to the screw-in style?

Thank you for your responses!

It is a BH Land Ranger Pro and that is a a very well thought of unit out there because of the many features onboard.
The Minuteman is a Euro Tek Pro clone....another great detector but it has a few less features than the LRP.

Plenty of posts and vids about both units out there if you look them up under their older names
The Liberator is an upgrade to your Minuteman, whether it is worth it to spend the money for the upgrades is up to you.

Minuteman
edit videos had embedded ads

Liberator
edit videos had embedded ads

If you do decide to get one do it quick because they are discontinuing these two in the Ameritek line which is why this normally $300-350 unit is now $219.

The BH LRP by another name is listed at $219? !!!!!!! That indeed is a bargain!

@ REVIER: Thank you for the huge amount of information you provide to these forums.

@ amustel: the BH LRP is a full featured metal detector, but not as "hot" as machines costing several times as much. Light weight and easy to use. The push-in connector, when I first came aboard First Texas Products in 2003, I said "that's gotta go", I couldn't believe it was reliable. I was wrong. If you pull on it, of course it'll come out, but it's rare that it'll wiggle loose in normal operation. And if it does, just plug it back in. So although it looks cheap (and it is, that's what we like about it) it's in the category of "cheap but good" and not something to worry about.

I had a push in coil connector with an early F5, it was never a problem. In fact, it saved time when switching coils.