Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions about the 11X8 coil

Ray(Ca)

Was thinking about getting a 11X8 wide scan coil for my Bandidio 2 microMAX. I was wondering if anyone is using one of these coils and how the performance and weight are. I'm looking for a little more ground coverage and a little more depth as some of the areas I hunt are vast and targets are far and few in between.

Thanks,
Ray

I've got one on my Silver microMax that really lights the machine up compared to stock 8" donut coil. The weight is just a very small amount more than stock but not enough to notice. Tesoro really hit a home run with this coil IMO.

I like the coil on my Outlaw, which has a similar circuit to the bandito. I noticed that you cannot run the sensitivity full, turn it down until things quiet down and it is a nice combo.

I've got one on a Bandido II uMax. Compared to the stock brown donut coil:
1) It's noticeably heavier, but still not enough to worry about. Still balances well.
2) It's a little deeper in my red soil. Maybe 1.25 inch on a dime?
3) It's harder to pinpoint shallow targets with. This is due to the long search field, to be expected.. But it still pinpoints in the middle on targets not close to the surface, which is nice. Just raise the coil or "X" the target.
4) The coil cover fits loose and doesn't want to stay on.
5) It loves bottlecaps and calling them coins. But this has been the case with all the widescan coils...

Some other points:
1) Doesn't float, so very good for shallow water hunting.
2) Very sturdy and well made, other than the coil cover.

It probably won't be my main coil, the stock coil will keep that title. But for more open areas with less modern aluminum trash and screwcaps, It will be a great choice. But for sifting through thick nails and modern trash, the concentric is tough to beat. I'm not blown away and amazed by the coil, but I think it's a great coil to have on hand and I like it.