Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

questions about the dues

runninnavaho

OK so I'm torn I want the CTX 3030 by minelab but the xp dues is so intriguing with all the extra technology. But its all for not if it doesn't have the depth and discrimination. So can anyone help me out. How has this machine done for you? How is the depth? Programming? I just want to know before I make my final decision on a machine.

I find...
Simple to program and move through the pre sets with adjustability like no other.
Discrimination and separation is top notch.
Detects targets deeper than I want to dig in some of my sites.
About the only draw back that I have is in the water and I've overcome that with after market waterproofing and external antenna.
So, as for me it's the cats meow.

"Aftermarket waterproofing" hmmm.
And how deep is the depth and is it accurate when it hits a good target that is deep?

Depth accuracy is kind of a personal thing.
I dig anything that is repeatable, be it by VDI or sound.
I've dug nickel size buttons at 10" to 12" just by the sound.
I've dug silver dimes that VDI'd at 10"
(your results may vary)
It's just how you listen and how well you learn your machine.
I'm no pro by a Loooong shot, but I'm learning as we speak (type).
If you pick up a Deus and take the time to really listen and learn it, I don't think you will be disappointed.

HH

runninnavaho said:
"Aftermarket waterproofing" hmmm.
And how deep is the depth and is it accurate when it hits a good target that is deep?

Aftermarket waterproofing simply means placing the control unit in a waterproof bag / case that costs little and is easy to assemble. YOu can also simply use the headphones and not worry about the case so don't make it seem like the waterproofing comment is a deal breaker - remember the CTX 3030 needs a set of waterproof headphones so that is "Aftermarket Waterproofing" in its own way.

And the question about depth . . . if depth is the only factor than why not get a PI unit for maximum depth? It is pretty clear that the 9" Deus coil is not going to go as deep as the 11" CTX 3030 coil - simple math will tell you that but I have never had an issue about not getting the deeper targets. Add the 11" coil that is coming to the Deus and the picture changes. If you are an avid hunter in sites with high trash, make sure you add in the cost of the 6" coil on the CTX 3030 since you will need it due to the FBS receovery time - the 9" Deus coil has much faster recovery time.

Both are great detectors - you need to decide which is best for your needs and hunting style . . . . ask the question on the CTX 3030 forum and you can guess what recommendation you will get there. Looking at your sgnature, you are coming off a pair of Bounty Hunters so you will find you are moving from a Model T to a Ferrari reagrdless of which one you pick

Andy

Yeah my bounty hunters have put in their work.I Just sometimes get deep signals but they arent two way due to the machine not being as powerful.

A friend of mine just dug a Ford Model A crank up at 2.5 foot deep with his XP. He was hoping it was a treasure chest.

[video]http://youtu.be/BxXHdh32mLc[/video]

Hope this helps you with your decision a little