Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions about the Gama 6000

Dude

I'm considering another detector and I would like to hear from Gama 6000 owners.

How's the depth with the DD coil and or the 8 inch coil?

How's the DD coil pin point, dead center or does it take practice?

Do you have to swing slow to get good target response and target separation?

When the machine ID's how accurate is it?

How is it on Nickels?

Thanks

Dude said:
I'm considering another detector and I would like to hear from Gama 6000 owners.
I have and use the Teknetics Gamma 6000, as well as the Tek. Delta, Omega, G2 and T2 plus three White's models that are favorites of mine.

Dude said:
How's the depth with the DD coil and or the 8 inch coil?
The two DD coils, 5" round coil (measures just over 4

Dude what can i say after that fine report from the Master Monte,take what he says as total truth.I do own both the gamma and the Omega, on the gamma i only use the 5 inch dd coil and the gamma with that coil is an excellent coin hunting combo.I cant get myself to take that coil off the Gamma lol.It seperates excellent and hits coins hard and pinpoints with ease.I have found a lot of nickels with this combo and they usualy hit on 56 and 57 for me with a solid 57 being the main number to watch for.Its a killer on dimes as well.It runs smooth and quiet and is a pleasure to swing all day with its light weight.As Monte said it has the 4 tone id just like the Omega.The Gamma also has the ground grab feature like the Omega for a quick easy ground balancing.Best of luck to You....Markmac

Keeping the excellent 5" DD coil mounted on the Gamma. Use the Omega for most general hunting, and grab the ready-to-go Gamma when the trash gets nasty. That's what I did for years when I kept a 4" Snooper concentric coil on my modified White's Classic III SL for the worst-case scenarios, and used the IDX Pro w/6

So...Serious question here...Does a fellow carry two detectors, one slung over his back, and swing the main with a big coil until you find the heavy target areas, then switch? Is this a workable strategy? Has anyone tried this, or is this what you all do? Or, do you just carry an extra coil, and change it all the time? Or, does a guy go back to the truck? What works the best? I'm sure the situation dictates, but really, I'd like to be prepared and very fast once I find the heavy trash/target spots, in locations I may never return to...sorry for the thread hijack, Dude, I owe you one! Advice?
Mud

Mudpuppy I take both my Omega and the Gamma with me in the jeep demo that i have each in its own carrying gun type case and when i get to the park or campground or where ever im at i then decide by looking over what area im going to search to decide which detector to use first then changing if situation calls for it.yes i have to go back to the vehicle but im not usually to far from it anyway to make it any big issue for me.Since these two detectors are so close in performance i know which ever one im using will perform well as far as a confidence level goes.If a person is using one detector but has a smaller coil set up on a extra lower rod its also an easy switch to change in the field since you just have to slide off one coil and rod and slip the other one on..The extra rod setup is an easy and inexpensive way to keep one detector but have the function of two diff coils to change when needed. I remember before i bought my Omega which has the three coil pkg reading a post from Monte about the advantage of having an extra lower rod for each coil for fast change over when called for.So each coil has the lower rod and the five inch has stayed on the Gamma which i bought about a year after the Omega...Happy hunting and best of luck to you...Markmac

mudpuppy said:
So...Serious question here...Does a fellow carry two detectors, one slung over his back, and swing the main with a big coil until you find the heavy target areas, then switch? Is this a workable strategy? Has anyone tried this, or is this what you all do? Or, do you just carry an extra coil, and change it all the time? Or, does a guy go back to the truck? What works the best? I'm sure the situation dictates, but really, I'd like to be prepared and very fast once I find the heavy trash/target spots, in locations I may never return to...sorry for the thread hijack, Dude, I owe you one! Advice?
Mud[/quote

I carry the 4" in my vehicle for my F2 for when I need it. You really need an extra shaft to make the swap fast an easy when hunting.

Just the response and loyalty from you guys tells me a lot about Teknetics .

Thanks to all that replied, you just might find me posting here in the future.

I know this is the Teknetics Forum and I can try to keep it on track. However, I am fond of a number of different makes and models, especially some that span back to about 1990. Because of that, I might mix up the two models I might select for a certain site, such as (just for example) using my White's XLT for 'cruising' the more open areas since it is a dedicated moderate-sweep design. Then, when I locate a site with a good abundance of targets that are closely spaced, I can switch to another detector.

The XLT might sport an 8" or 950 concentric coil for coverage, then I can option for an IDX Pro w/6